Automated Optical Inspection Operator
Vanguard Ems, Inc.
Beaverton , OR 97005
Posted 3 weeks ago
Vanguard EMS, Inc. is currently seeking qualified and experienced electronics Automated Optical Inspection Operator.
Vanguard EMS is the electronics manufacturing services (EMS) supplier of choice for leading-edge companies in the medical, aerospace, defense, industrial and communication segments in the Western U.S.
We are in a service business. Even with Vanguard's state of the art technology, vast manufacturing capability, and leading-edge information tools, we wake up every day thinking about how best to serve our customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we live.
Vanguard EMS values employees creating an amazing culture, be part of the team that makes a difference! Employees enjoy a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Up to 120 hours earned paid time off in the first year of employment
- Increased paid time off with years of service milestones
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Company Events
- and more
This Automated Optical Inspection Operator collaborates directly with the Team Coordinator and Department Manager to ensure the operations of the AOI program adheres to customer standards. This position uses data and statically information to create programs that inspect circuit boards and insures quality is built into all customer products. This position is key to company quality standards and ensures that only quality product leaves the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) equipment according to standard operating procedures and produce quality products
- Collect WIP and defect data that provides traceability for customer and internal use.
- Accuracy track and maintain required documentation. Including Set-up, operations, inspection, etc.
- Provide real time quality feedback by bringing up defects as they occur to prevent excessive defects from occurring and allow real-time problem solving.
- Manage machine set-up, cleanup, and minor maintenance according to procedures efficiently.
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment.
- Follow general machine safety procedures.
- Ensure that products meet all customer and regulatory requirements.
- Perform WIP transactions in Vanguards software system to assure proper traceability.
- Communicate quality issues to the appropriate team, Manager and Engineer as needed.
- Stop work flow as needed to stop the repeated manufacture of defective products.
- Motivate team and create a positive team working environment.
- Maintain a clean and highly organized area.
- Ensure work bench, tools and equipment are maintained and in good working condition
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Treat everyone at Vanguard, its vendors and customers with dignity, respect and professionalism at all times.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Ability to obtain J-STD and IPC certification within 90 days.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic level of proficiency in computer systems
- English (reading, writing, and verbal)
- General Math Skills and ability
- Displays a common sense critical thinking and analysis.
- Ability to actively follow detailed directions written and verbal.
- Demonstrates self-motivation, problem solving abilities, works with a hands on mentality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to use a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Ability to interpret work instructions and blueprints to verify specifications required for inspection.
- Communicate in person, over the phone, email, internet or in writing in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make productive use of time
- Prior PCBA inspection experience.
- Experience and general knowledge of AOI operation processes.
- J-STD and IPC Certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses production equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
MANUFACTURNING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Job Description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify and assign other duties as necessary
Benefits Up to 120 hours earned paid time off in the first year of employmentIncreased paid time off with years of service milestonesMedical/Dental/VisionPaid holidaysProfit sharingCompany Events and more
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.