Bethlehem , PA 18018
We are looking for a Drafter to work with our team of Architects and Engineers and convert designs into technical plans. Drafter responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods.
If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with building processes, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll help us build functional, secure and well-designed products and structures that meet our needs.
- Coordinate civil CAD modeling with multidiscipline project teams utilizing Revit and other modeling programs
- Prepare design drawings, plans, profiles, sections, and details including initial model and sheet set-up (modeling and design deliverables in AutoCAD and Civil 3D)
- Gather data from existing drawings, rough sketches, surveys, and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures;
- Work closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design;
- Performs calculations and analysis to support the home design by performing the following duties
- Uses computer-aided design (MEP) equipment and software to create detailed drawings
- Develop difficult and complex working drawings from equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards
- Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Minimum 5 years of civil drafting
- Demonstrated proficiency in civil land-based CAD drafting and the latest AutoCAD software
- Must be familiar with commercial & residential building codes in the US
- Technical Certificate or Associate’s Degree from a computer-aided-drafting program/school
- BSc in Engineering, Architecture or degree from a technical college
- Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is a plus
RPO is a Specialist Recruitment Agency that focuses on providing candidates and clients with unique recruitment solutions specifically tailored to their needs.
We focus on helping you reach your personal and professional goals by connecting you to your perfect career path.
To apply for this role please visit the RPO recruitment website: rporecruitment.us or connect with one of our consultants: Meghan Groves or Dawn McIntyre on LinkedIn regarding this vacancy. Alternatively email us at the email address below: email@example.com