West Chester , OH 45069
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
TGB3 is seeking to contract an Audiologist to perform Compensation & Pension Exams (C&P) for our military Veterans at various sites through the USA.
- Length: 6-12 months (option to extend)
- Start Date: ASAP quick credentialing to train/onboard
- Location: West Chester, OH
- Part time - 3-5x days/week
- Pay: TOP HOURLY RATE
Your services support the Veterans Benefits Administration Medical Disabilities Examinations program. Veterans are scheduled for appointments at contracted facilities for compensation and pension exams and embeds practitioners in facilities as needs warrant. Dedicated facilities are in areas where there is a large Veteran population with the potential for high volume.
- The compensation and pension exam helps the VA answer questions about Veterans current health. The practitioners will not decide the percent of disability or rating, develop treatment plans, or prescribe medication.
- Completed documentation is sent to the VA for final determination on all disability claims.
- Prior to the exam, the practitioner reviews a Veterans medical or mental health history, using electronic bookmarks that highlight the portions applicable to the Veterans claimed condition.
- The practitioner is guided through a web-based examination form in LHIs Provider Portal to capture the Veterans responses during the exam.
- Electronic exam documentation is known as a Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ) and must be submitted promptly within 48 hours of each appointment.
- The number of DBQs completed per exam will vary based on the Veterans claimed conditions.
- Administrative time is provided to complete exam documentation and ensure timely submission.
- The documentation is reviewed by a team of medical professionals to ensure contract compliance and guarantee the verbiage aligns with customer requirements.
- Requests for changes or corrections to exam documentation must be submitted within 48 hours of the appointment.
- Review pertinent medical history documentation and provide one-time, non-treatment compensation and pension exams for Veterans.
- The Practitioner will capture responses during the exam through a web-based examination form; all documentation will be completed electronically.
- Completed exams are sent to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for disability award determinations.
- Audiometry exams are scheduled in 60+ minutes for a comprehensive audio exam for assessing hearing loss and tinnitus
Common testing includes Pure Tone Air and Bone, tympanometry, acoustic reflex testing and speech recognition
All equipment necessary to perform duties will be available on location with custom soundproof booths
- Qualified candidates must be a licensed Audiologist, with a masters or doctorate degree from a program accredited by CAA, ACAE or ASHA Certification.
- Qualified candidates must be actively licensed and able to work independently and as part of a team, have good interpersonal skills and a willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations.
- Candidates must possess basic computer skills.
*Compensation exam or VA experience is preferred, but not required. Module Training is provided.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the best date/time to schedule a call to discuss this contract opportunity. We look forward to working with you, as you work to serve Americas Heroes.