Audio Visual Field Engineer
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
TheAV Field Engineer will be able to install and operate most types of AV systems and equipment.
Job Duties and
- The AV Field Engineer will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems in a senior service support role. That includes testing, troubleshooting of system components and functions and field verification of connections, labels, installation and work quality.
- The AV Field Engineer will understand advanced system drawings, specifications and technical manuals. They will be able to create shop drawings and submittals for new project kick-off.
- The AV Field Engineer must understand Control System and / or DSP programming and commissioning including basic programming and setup to configure system components such as DSP, mixers, wireless mics, video & lighting systems.
- The AV Field Engineer will be able to do basic programming and configuring of AV equipment such as DSP (Biamp/QSC/BSS/ClearOne)
- The AV Field Engineer will be able to do basic programming and configuring of Crestron/Extron/AMX, matrix mixers and switchers, VTC (Cisco/Polycom)
- The AV Field Engineer will be able to commission audio systems.
- The AV Field Engineer will be able to configure IP addressable devices and have a basic understanding of data networking
- The AV Field Engineer’s work will include work both “in house” and in the field when required
- The AV Field Engineer will assume ownership of project installation giving next level support to the Field Engineer I as well as supporting field staff and project manager.
- The AV Field Engineer will assist with maintaining and completing project punch-list for project close outs.
- The AV Field Engineer will oversee the technical aspects of projects and IT coordination.
- The AV Field Engineer will pre quality-check the projects, test all equipment and functionality and create punch lists.
- The AV Field Engineer willassist sales staff as needed with product and system demonstrations.
- The AV Field Engineer will assist PM with change order designs and estimates.
- The AV Field Engineer will handle other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must have proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Will have at least 3-4 years of overall audio visual commercial integration industry experience working commercial integration projects.
- Must have a proven track record in audio visual systems engineering and control systems commissioning
- Must be able to work well with other people
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.