Audio Video Integration Technician Level 2
Bridges System Integration
Herndon , VA 20171
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Overview & Primary Responsibilities
Bridges System Integration (Bridges SI) is seeking a level two Audio Visual (AV) Technician. This role will include a wide range of hands on and management roles in relation to installations of integrated AV systems, including but not limited to Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Audio Teleconferencing (ATC), meeting rooms and presentation systems. Your upmost responsibility will be to perform AV system installations and testing while maintaining a level of interaction with the client or contractor.
Candidates should be extremely comfortable with all cabling types, and cable installation practices, as well as rack wiring and device installations from screens, and projectors to video walls and custom furniture. This role also will include system debugging, and testing roles. These skills should be present to assist Field Engineers and Programmers in commissioning the final AV System product. Finally this individual will be responsible for outlining the projects status daily, and providing updated project documentation when the project is complete.
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience as a technician.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner.
- Produce timely and detailed daily installation reports.
- Follow all companys filed procedures and protocols.
- Work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Lead and direct Jr. Technicians as required.
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and schematics, engineering notes, and operation manuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate as-built documentation of system installations.
- Ability to understand construction blueprints, and demonstrated knowledge of commercial construction practices.
- Ability to fabricate, wire, and test equipment racks and cabinets.
- Ability to hang projection screens, display panels, and related audio-visual equipment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills using tact and courtesy along with the ability to handle pressure sensitive situations.
- Ability to properly and safely use and operate lifts, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Ability to work aloft, and in confined spaces when required.
- Ability to perceive differences in color and tone.
- Basic knowledge of network connectivity and methods.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Physical condition to perform job duties including seeing/hearing; fingering/feeling/handling/reaching; bending/crouching/squatting/kneeling/pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying weights in excess of 70 pounds (heavy work); tolerance for prolonged walking or standing on various surfaces
- Candidates must be able to work multiple shifts given including days, evenings, overtime and some week-ends based on project deadlines
- Ability for some travel to complete assignments
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development