Associate Wealth Manager
San Francisco , CA 94103
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Associate Wealth Manager (AWM) works on a team with a Principal serving a significant number of existing client relationships and participating in prospective client opportunities. In this role, the AWM oversees the implementation and maintenance of balanced, multiple asset class portfolios across diverse accounts in a client-tailored and tax-sensitive manner and provides their clients with guidance and direction on financial planning topics. Earning very high levels of client satisfaction is essential.
- Manage a client load of 70-85 clients
- Provide exceptional, responsive service and portfolio management to all clients
- Establish deep relationships with clients which includes an understanding of their complete financial picture.
- Understand the firms investment philosophy and financial planning approach with proficiency in all areas and commitment to ongoing knowledge development.
- Perform core client service and portfolio management responsibilities including:
- Prepare for and lead client review meetings
- Develop portfolio allocations and investment recommendations
- Ongoing responsibility for appropriate asset allocation and cash management
- Proactive financial planning
- Regular, meaningful client contact
- Adhere to all standards established for the management of client relationships
- Participate in other firm activities such as writing articles for the newsletter.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and courteous conduct in responsibilities and dealings with clients, prospects, COIs, B|O|S colleagues, and other business entities with which B|O|S has a relationship. This includes compliance with legal, professional and established firm standards of conduct. Uphold the B|O|S values.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Detail-Orientation/Quality Focus
- Industry Knowledge/Research Skills
- Team Orientation
- Ethics, Integrity, Values
- Customer Focus
- E.Q. (Emotional Intelligence)
Requirements (including years of experience, education, licenses):
- Driven by results. Focuses energy on critical issues; self-motivated and disciplined.
- Passionate about the financial planning and wealth management profession
- Good cultural fit and alignment with firm values; team player
- Passion for client service. Ability to deliver reliably meticulous work. Ensures quality standards are met consistently.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated success conducting presentations. Poised and confident.
Technical Requirements and Preferences:
- Experience in financial services is helpful but not absolutely necessary if the candidate has demonstrated success in other fields and a commitment to the wealth management industry. Those in consulting, accounting, or other fields that require client interaction or counseling may be considered..
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience required.
- CFP or CFA designation or plan to pursue such designation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; Advent Axys, Microsoft Dynamics, financial planning software, and rebalancing software proficiency preferred.
Working Conditions (including travel percentage required): Currently the position will be remote with the expectation to work in the office when conditions allow. May require some travel between the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices when the offices are able to safely reopen. Infrequent travel to visit clients out-of-state, when conditions allow.
B|O|S established a set of strong values that guides us. One of these values, We are all human, focuses on treating others with respect; being empathetic, patient and kind to one another; supporting our community; and listening and being open and transparent. B|O|S values and appreciates each of our employees and the unique skills, backgrounds, ideas, and life experiences that they bring to our workplace. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and all candidates for employment.
Benefits include medical (PPO and HMO options); dental; vacation and sick time off; paid holidays; commuter checks plan; 401(k) with matching; charitable giving contributions; education expense reimbursement for business related courses and exam (CFP/CFA) prep.