Associate Scientist/Scientist- Cell Sciences Lead
Lyell Immunopharma, Inc.
Seattle , WA 98101
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lyell ImmunoPharma offers a dynamic start-up environment with a close-knit team of highly-skilled and energetic colleagues. We are entering a new era of medicine, in which cancer is treated with cellular therapies, and our goal is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for any cancer.
We are looking for a highly motivated, exceptionally organized associate scientist/scientist to help lead our cell sciences group. We are a cell therapy company and need to build and maintain a whole suite of cell lines for use in our experiments, both in vitro and in vivo. The idead candidate will be able to aquire, maintain and track our standard lines, but also be creative and help us design new and unique tool cell solutions for use across experiments. There is opportunity to also have ownership over specific research projects when needed.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for aquire, maintain and tracking cell lines across the company
- Work with an integrated team to design necessary cell lines and supply validated lines across the company
- Impliment SOPs for handling cell line banks and integrating tracking system to be used company wide
- Responsible for bulking up lines for in vivo experiments and coordinating with individual project teams for usage
- Willing to wear many hats as is expected in a startup environment
- Work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- B.Sc. and 5-7 years of experience cell biology, immunology, immuno-oncology or a related field; industry setting preferred but not required
- Familiarity with key principles of cellular and molecular immunology.
- Experinace validating and maintaining cell banks for cross functional use
- Experinace with CRISPR and other systems for producing KO cell lines
- Experinace with flow cytometry and flow based sorting
- Expertise in basic assays related to evaluation of RNA and protein expression (QPCR, westerns, etc.)
- Experience working within an ELN system for experiment and reagent tracking
- Great attention to detail, resourceful, and well organized
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision
- Expertise with pertinent analysis software (Prism, Flow Jo, Spotfire, Geneious, etc)
- Start-up /industry experience a plus
- Experience with transcriptional analysis such as RNA-Seq, ATAC Seq and single cell analysis
- Experience with viral transduction and an understanding of assays related to the evaluation of integration, expression and construct function
- Familiarity with animal models for safety and immunotherapy studies, ideally in cell therapies
Compensation and Benefits
Lyell offers competitive compensation packages including excellent benefits; package based on experience. Expect a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong scientific rigor, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, and an extraordinary culture. Our lab space is located in South Lake Union in Seattle.