Associate Project Manager
New York , NY 10018
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of computerized cognitive tests into studies supported within the Research and Healthcare Solutions team. The Associate Project Manager will be trained on the Cogstate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes as well as industry best practices. Following the training period, the Associate Project Manager will primarily provide support on projects and tasks delegated by the Associate Director or Senior Director. Once the Associate Project Manager shows competence in completing all tasks within the study start-up and maintenance stages of a project, the Associate Director will start to assign tasks and projects for the Associate Project Manager to lead independently with the assistance of the Associate Director. The goal will be to provide the Associate Project Manager with the tools and skill set to be able to eventually manage their own portfolio of studies independently.
The Associate Project Manager will have confidence and composure in handling stressful situations - communicating calmly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. They will need to ensure the highest quality of oversight over their own work and maintain professional and personable conduct in all customer and internal communications. During the training period the Associate Director will work closely with the Associate Project Manager to set daily work schedules. Following the training period, the Associate Project Manager will need to be able to manage their own schedules and timelines to make sure that all deliverables are met. They will need to have very strong organizational skills and able to multitask and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
This role requires extensive written and oral communication with the staff in Melbourne, Australia as well as customers that are overseas and therefore in different time zones.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Associate Director with completing all activities during the requirements gathering phase with a new customer. This is including but is not limited to scheduling customer meetings, taking meeting minutes, creating public folders on the Cogstate server and filing all communication and documents gathered during the requirements gathering phase
- Shadow the Associate Director in the preparation and management of contracts, contract amendments and budgets and then be able to independently prepare and manage contracts, contract amendments and budgets
- Attend customer kick off meetings during the study start-up phase with the Associate Director. Learn how to identify customer requirements from an operational, science and data management perspective with the aim to build the confidence and skill set to be able to independently lead kick-off meetings, taking the meeting minutes and documenting all decisions that were made as well as action items.
- Learn how to review study protocols and complete protocol review checklists for all new studies
- Create and manage project management and data management checklists for each assigned study to ensure that all steps that are listed in the relevant project management and data management SOPs are followed
- Shadow the Associate Director or another member of the team in completing Webinar training sessions on the Cogstate computerized battery and then independently lead your own Webinar training sessions. This may include in-person investigator meetings. This will include preparing unique presentations for each training session, coordinating the training session with sites globally.
- Learn how to navigate the various study spreadsheets to then start to independently maintain spreadsheets to track important team or study deliverables and milestones.
- Learn how to prepare the documentation for a new software build, coordination of the requirements with the customer and the software testing and release process. This will then lead into independently preparing the documentation for a software build, working with the customer to sign-off on the requirements and then testing and releasing the software to the customer.
- Learn how to complete data cleaning activities and then start to manage delegated data cleaning activities independently
- If Cogstate is contracted to provide hardware for a study, learn to order the hardware, request the shipment of the hardware and then track all shipments and returns from study sites.
- Learn how to prepare and manage a study budget. Raise and review invoices to be sent to customers and ensure that payments are made in a timely manner per the contract.
- Rigorous filing of all projects documentation received from internal and external stakeholders and electronic correspondence.
- Learn how to respond to new and existing customer inquiries on the various Cogstate platforms and then be able to provide day to day support with minimal oversight.
- Learn about the various Cogstate technology platforms and cognitive tests that are utilized in the Research and Healthcare Solutions team and have a solid understanding of each one in order to be able to support the Associate Director in completing set tasks and also to be able to answer support requests from customers.
- Learn how to complete risk assessments and find ways to mitigate them
- Learn how to navigate the JIRA and Confluence systems and track tasks and projects within both systems. Maintain assigned Confluence spaces and keep them up to date at all times.
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings. Be able to present on topics assigned by the Associate Director or the Senior Director. From time to time you may be asked to take the meeting minutes during the monthly meeting.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, scientific or a technical discipline (psychology, nursing, biology, sociology, computer science or engineering).
- Previous CRO experience preferable.
- 1+ Years Project Management experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or CRO environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Cogstate works with customers globally therefore some teleconferences may be outside of regular business hours.
- Travel to customer meetings may be required and may take place outside of regular business hours, including public holidays and weekends.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects with supervisory support.
- Able to answer majority of study questions around process, scope, and budget with minimal assistance
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution.
- Highly driven & motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative and deliver against tight timelines.
- Ability to assess the inherent risks of a situation, their potential impact on a project and based on this information; with limited support make timely decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage their own schedule and work to ensure no milestones or deliveries are missed.
Cogstate is a leading cognitive science company focused on optimizing the measurement of cognition (brain function) to guide decision-making in clinical trials, academic research and healthcare. Cogstate commercializes rapid, reliable and highly sensitive computerised cognitive tests and provides expert support for traditional neurological assessments. Science, innovation and excellence in delivery are at the core of everything we do. Cogstate offers health, dental, and vision benefits as well as 401K plan matching. Cogstate, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.