Associate Manager Self Storage
Jacksonville , FL 32257
Posted 7 days ago
We are looking for energetic, outgoing self-starters who have excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills. As an Associate Manager for iStorage you will place customers as your priority while assisting the Store Manager to contribute to profitability and developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships. iStorage associates pay close attention to detail and have general accounting, marketing and basic computer skills.
This is a full-time position with an hourly rate of $10.00 to $12.00. Position will support multiple locations and have a variable schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Greet all customers in a professional manner, assess their needs and offer solutions. Assist the customers in renting units, understanding their lease agreement, fees and insurance. Keep the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills.
- Ensure the property and units are always customer-ready by cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, removing debris. Ensure that the property is maintained, tidy and appealing to the eye. Clean office and restrooms daily.
- Assist the manager in maintaining all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner, manage accounts receivable process daily, balance cash drawer and prepare bank deposits. Manage customer delinquencies through telephone contact and letters as required.
- Complete routine maintenance such as changing light bulbs, some painting, and light repairs that typically require the use of a drill, hammer, or screwdriver.
- Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily.
- Assist the manager in general management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by management.
- Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law, and approved by management
- Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates
- Work a shift from 9 am - 6 pm, as scheduled, Monday through Saturday. Scheduled up to 40 hours a week.
Minimum one-year customer service experience. Ideal candidates will come from a customer facing, sales oriented position such as retail sales, hotel, car rental, collections agency, call center.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience navigating through windows, accessing internet websites, data entry and printing.
National Storage Affiliates Trust, Storage Management and Leasing Company, LLC, and iStorage are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran.
iStorage offers it's full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with tenure. iStorage contributes a generous amount to premiums for Health, Dental and Vision plans. Also offered are 401K, Life Insurance, Flex Plans, and paid holidays.