Associate Human Resources Business Partner (Hrbp) - *Hybrid And Flexible Work Schedule*
Chicago , IL 60642
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Buckingham Search is thrilled to be working exclusively with an impressive, stable yet growing trading firm in Chicago. The culture at this company is unique and energizing. They believe that constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. They are committed to winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect.
The company is seeking an Associate HR Business Partner with experience in a high-growth environment. This individual will demonstrate the ability to partner with the People Operations team which includes Senior HR Business Partners, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, and Workplace Services, to support the manager and employee population. This position sits within the global HR team which is uniquely centered to develop relationships in order to support a strong company culture and help solve organizational challenges with our HR operational support function.
We are looking for a creative, growth-minded, collaborative, and people-focused contributor who demonstrates proven success with relationship building, accountability, creativity, follow-through, and detail orientation. This role will be positioned between HR business partnering aspects and HR tactical operational responsibilities. This role will work within a business-specific region and be partnered with a Senior HRBP.
Things to get excited about:
- Culture of inclusion, diversity, and collaboration. They encourage creativity, creation, and process improvements while using technology to help with the more mundane tasks so employees can focus in areas that bring them more joy and provide more value.
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid work environment
- Benefits include: 401k with 50% employer match, commuter benefits, 20 days PTO, 16 weeks paid maternity leave, typical health, dental, vision, long-term/short-term disability, and HSA account
- Beautiful, updated office
- The company invests in personal and professional development in many ways including a hired professional coach with office hours.
Where you'll spend your time:
- Partner with the Senior HRBP for your region to identify solutions for improving employee experience, promoting our culture, employee engagement, succession planning efforts, developing leaders and retention of critical talent with alignment to our company cultural values.
- Provide support on various HR-related areas such as onboarding, benefits, performance management, training opportunities, HRIS tasks, and help guide employees on how to best navigate the firms flat organizational structure.
- Be a culture carrier throughout the firm. Ensure team and people strategies reflect our core values.
- Guide new managers to strengthen and support their leadership skills in performance coaching, addressing difficult conversations, and general employee relations challenges & opportunities.
- Execute HR operational procedures with a flexible mindset approach such as merit and bonus process, employee transfers, leave management administration, and termination events within our global HRIS system, Workday.
- Partner with global People Operations team to assist with identifying solutions for improving employee engagement, succession planning efforts, and retention of critical talent with alignment to our company cultural values.
- Maintain best practices and HR compliance knowledge with domestic employment law requirements, such as training compliance, Employee Handbook updates, and employment agreements such as non-solicitation, non-compete, and confidentiality obligations.
- Act with integrity, transparency, and confidentiality while providing ad hoc support for the global HR team in a collaborative manner.
Skills Youll Use (and more!):
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships in a fast, ever-changing work environment.
- Strong business acumen to understand the daily challenges the business faces and how to strategize and partner with leadership to make an impact.
- Genuine care for people and making those around you better
- Constructively challenge & influence change throughout the business
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn, grow, and develop others.
- Ability to deliver and receive all types of feedback in a constructive manner.
- Diagnose organizational problems with critical thinking skills and a willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Ability to be highly productive and influential in a global matrix organization.
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple projects in a busy, demanding environment.
- Strong partnership with all management levels and rest of HR team, recognizing when its appropriate to escalate issues as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate, navigate, and maintain sensitive, highly confidential information.
- Desire to gain broad lateral working experiences and skills within people operations rather than vertical advancement.
- Healthy sense of human and passion for working within a People Operations team
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 5 years working within a HR function (prior experience in Technology or Financial Services industry highly desired) with experience in HR Generalist activities, such as employee relations, talent management, compensation, performance management, and/or recruitment.