Associate Family Law Attorney
Fargo , ND 58102
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Looking for an associate attorney licensed in North Dakota who can manage legal problems between members of the same family, including but not limited to divorce, adoption, guardianship, custody and estate planning. You will be responsible for overseeing and handling cases, drafting, meeting directly with clients and offering legal advice.
Keeps cases on track with organized files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; researching case law; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with support staff and communicating regularly with clients.
- Executes case strategy with senior attorneys, paralegals, clients and support staff.
- Manages high level/high asset cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; preparing for depositions; reviewing standard court documents; drafting motions, affidavits, briefs and letters; writing and reviewing discovery; dictating responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with clients, and staff.
- Supports case planning by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Is involved with trial proceedings working with support staff in organizingevidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses areready/prepared when needed.
- Attends business development and networking functions with firm leadership andsolo.
Law Degree - JD
Salary based on experience.