Associate Director, Oncology, Pharmaceutical Market Research
Decision Resources Group
Burlington , MA 01803
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Decision Resources Group (www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com) is the premier provider of analysis, insights and data on the significant issues facing the biopharmaceutical industry. Each year the world's leading biopharmaceutical companies turn to Decision Resources Group (DRG) for their strategic planning, market development, technology management, and competitive intelligence requirements.
DRGs market research spans across therapeutic areas and disease markets. We are seeking a motivated and experienced market researcher to join the talented and vibrant team of therapy area analysts as Associate Director. The position report to the Therapy Area Lead.
The Director role consists of three broad functions: 1) client support through thought-leadership and strong analytics and presentation skills; 2) managing content, production processes and workflows; and 3) managing the growth and development of a talented team of analysts. Additional details are provided below.
Provide therapeutic area-level service to clients
- Provides timely support to syndicated, purchased reports through addressing client inquiries, conducting or overseeing custom data analyses, triaging questions to the analyst team, and presenting and/or coaching team members to present research findings to clients
- Works with DRG account managers to ensure that client inquiries are addressed in a timely manner
- Serves as one of the go-to team members known for therapeutic area, commercial, and industry expertise
Manage day-to-day operations of the business insights and data analyst teams
- Manages projects through all phases of development and coordinate with internal shared services teams to execute on project plans
- Reviews product content (e.g., surveys, webinars, reports, presentations) to ensure quality and consistency of writing, analysis, and insights
- Provides support for internal initiatives and cross-collaboration with other parts of DRG.
- Mentors and trains new and junior team members on relevant disease markets and industry dynamics, standard operating procedures, and best practices for data analysis, survey design, and report writing
- Conducts performance reviews and assess team members on individual key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Works with staff toward professional development goals
- A Bachelors degree is required. Masters degree and/or PhD is preferred
- At least five years of experience in market research and analytics is required; experience in the pharmaceutical industry is not necessary but is highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of at least one therapeutic area is required
- Proven track record of successfully managing, mentoring, and coaching a team
- Global experience is a plus
- Ability to interact and build relationships with pharmaceutical clients, key opinion leaders, and internal stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to use problem-solving, decision-making, logical analysis, and quantitative skills to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.