Associate Director Of Revenue, Retail
Chicago , IL 60661
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a leader to join our Revenue Team and lead our retail channel. This role will directly manage our retail growth strategy, demand management, key account management, new account development, and any other strategic projects related to our B2B channel. This individual will need to collaborate across internal functional areas, leadership, and external partners to optimize the performance of our retail channel.
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors and connect them with one of Americas largest sporting industries: fishing. We operate 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box (MTB) the #1 fishing tackle subscription box.
- Karls Bait & Tackle (KBT) eCommerce site focused on fishing and outdoor goods.
- Catch Co. Brands design and manufacturing of product sold on MTB, KBT and 3rd party retail.
Were building the industrys leading businesses to introduce anglers to the best new gear and lifestyle apparel, and we are looking for exceptionally talented people to help make that vision a reality. In addition to being talented, our team members are honest, curious, action-oriented and always seek to leave things better than they found them. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- The role is a great fit for candidates who are interested in becoming a founder or VC later in their career
- The role will work very closely with the SVP of Revenue (a former management consultant) and COO (a former management consultant and Private Equity professional). You will also have significant exposure to the CEO, Board of Directors and all function leads
- This individual will be well-positioned to take on P&L ownership for one of the fastest growth areas of the company
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- We are based in Chicagos West Loop (one of the best restaurant neighborhoods in the world), with easy access to all major public transportation systems
What you will do:
- Further develop and refine our B2B/retail go-to market strategy to inform outreach and external communication, including defining account and product/brand prioritization, and developing promotional materials
- Network with and develop new accounts including placing retail Mystery Tackle Boxes into non-traditional tackle retailers
- Maintain and expand our position with existing key accounts
- Coordinate with our development team to reduce complexity and labor requirements to delivering on our retail strategies
- Coordinate with our marketing and brand teams to inform our brand marketing strategy, including defining and measuring KPIs for non direct-response marketing
- Collaborate with our brand & product team to ensure market demands are being met, and help define our strategy across vendors for new product launches
- Work with our operations teams to ensure accurate and timely execution of all commitments, and to inform our commitments to ensure we are growing as quickly as possible while minimizing executional risk
What experience you need:
- 2-3 years of pre-MBA OR 1-2 years of post-MBA consulting/banking experience
- Experience developing and managing complex Excel models
- Experience bringing structure to ambiguous situations
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders, sometimes with conflicting interests
- Experience in consumer products or retail is preferred but not required
What will make you successful:
- Self-starter / Motivated
- Collaborative able to work with stakeholders to get things done
- Analytical / data-centric problem solving approach
- Improving, not satisfied w/ status quo (stays up to date, learns new technologies, etc.)
- Sees the forest and the trees (able to consider problems and solutions at multiple levels of abstraction)
- Creative (novel solutions based on understanding of context knowing when not to be creative and apply an existing solution that works)
- Flexible update your mental model as new facts / arguments emerge
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" PTO Policy
- 10 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & WFH opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - We cover 90% of your premium and 50% for dependents
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Health Savings Account
- Employer-Sponsored Disability Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Life Insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Incredible culture, fun events and passionate coworkers
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.