Associate Director Of Investigations
Culver City , CA 90230
Posted 3 months ago
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.Summary
The Associate Director of Investigations will report to the Director of Loss Prevention. The successful candidate will lead a team of investigators that will conduct and participate in both external and internal field investigations to ensure Medmens compliance with applicable laws and regulations incorporate, retail, and distribution warehouse environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Investigate workplace complaints of violations of policy for which failure to investigate might subject Medmen to serious legal or financial risk.
- Developing and applying knowledge of employment and discrimination laws, whistle-blowing laws, rules of evidence, and other laws pertaining to investigation plans, investigations, reports and recommendations.
- Observing and documenting trends in types, causes, and consequences of incidences and make recommendations to the corporate Security Management team regarding ways to prevent or mitigate consequences through proactive incident management.
- Conducting in depth interviews and documenting findings into a case management system.
- Leading critical, confidential, and time sensitive investigations of high profile incidences involving Company personnel and assets.
- Conducting multiple investigations concurrently, making independent decisions, and providing direction through the conclusion of a case.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Ten years of investigation experience in the corporate environment.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience with proactive incident management.
- Experience conducting in depth interviews and documenting findings into a Case Management System.
- Experience leading low to high profile multiple concurrent investigations.
- Experience in investigative techniques and methods.
- Experience analyzing information to determine issue, violation, cause, and corrective action.
- Experience preparing concise investigation reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work by themselves as well as being self-motivated.
- Proficient in MS suite programs/Power Point/Excel/e-mail and internet.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel as directed for assignment and be willing to work off hours and weekends as/if needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and time management skill.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen. No relocation package availableAAP/EEO Statement
MMMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MMMG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MMMG employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.