Associate Director , Database Developer
New York City , NY 10017
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for you - dynamic, best-in-class talent - to join the Initiative team as a Database Analyst. The Database Analyst is responsible for participating in the design, implementation, and maintenance of SQL database systems that support a high availability, high volume enterprise environment. The team member is expected to establish working partnerships with various groups across the enterprise including technology & business groups as well as outside customers, suppliers and vendors. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.Essential Functions
- Work as part of a team in the design and development of SQL database systems utilizing established tools, standards and conventions including, but not limited to, SQL 2012-2017, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Make recommendations to management for improvements and processes that will maximize automation and efficiency and minimize manual work
- Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback.
- Participate in load and performance tests analyzing & resolving bottlenecks and performance issues
- Assist in the development of standards and technologies used for corporate database development
- Provide expertise to ensure the implementation of corporate solutions in a timely and efficient manner
- Performance tuning & query optimization using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Responsible for system tuning, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance, and support of the production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience
- Two or more years of design and/or development experience with SQL Server used as a data warehouse and back-end for .NET based applications
- Familiarity with Python language to develop and maintain existing automated processes.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred)
- Strong proficiency across the following platforms: Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, DoubleClick DCM, Python, & VBA
- Ability to digest and explain complex ideas to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Must be able to collaborate across teams to produce strong insights to advance reporting and client deliveries
- Experienced in effective dashboard designing with a focus on customizing to client needs
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Must be a team player but also have the ability to work independently
- 5+ years of experience in using mathematical modeling for marketing optimization
- Proven track record of dealing directly with clients
- Knowledge of time series analysis such as SSM, ARIMA, VAR, VECM, etc.
- Knowledge of attribution such as logistics regressor, SVM, Nave Bayes, etc.
- Progressive working knowledge of R, Python, C++, etc.
- Knowledge of media measurement such as dynamic CPM, GRP, etc.
- Experience in media tools such as DCM, DSP, MRI, Kantar, N-Power, etc.
Initiative is different to other media agencies. We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.Were not the biggest agency in town. So rather than outsize our competitors we must outsmart them. Thats why weve built the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic capability is an obsession with culture and how brands can pivot from brand advertising (which is forgettable) to cultural branding (which is highly memorable). Our new world model is comprised of five central craft centers Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design and Partnerships, and Analytics.