The Associate Dean, Division of Advanced Nursing Practice provides the academic and administrative leadership for the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) academic programs.
The Associate Dean, Division of Advanced Nursing Practice reports to the Executive Vice Dean and is directly responsible for the control, planning, development, and implementation of division programs. Primary responsibilities include curricular and faculty excellence, faculty recruitment and retention, resource allocation, and student outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Academic Leadership: In collaboration with School of Nursing administration, faculty, and staff, the Associate Dean, Division of Advanced Nursing Practice:
1.Prepares reports and organizes visits for accrediting and regulatory agencies for the Advanced Nursing Practice Division.
2.Ensures that clear goals and objectives consistent with those of the School of Nursing and the appropriate faculty are maintained for all programs.
3.Evaluates student, course, and program outcomes and uses data for curricula and faculty development.
4.Facilitates development of comprehensive and coherent program curricula in compliance with all national standards.
5.Prepares/Oversees student schedules and establishes course and faculty assignments.
6.Evaluates the performance of Advanced Nursing Practice Division faculty and staff, and makes recommendations for appointment, reappointment, promotion, merit increases, tenure, and dismissals.
7.Fulfills the role of a faculty member in teaching, scholarship, and service.
8.Provides recommendations on grade grievances and appeals.
Recruitment and Retention:
9.Participates in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of admission, progression and retention criteria for students in the Advanced Nursing Practice Division and monitors same.
10. Interfaces with key personnel and organizations in advancing the Advanced Nursing Practice Division.
11. Represents the programs to the public and communicates newsworthy faculty and/ Divisional activities to the Director of Marketing and Communication.
12. Works with Specialty Directors and/or Program Directors to identify recruitment strategies for programs.
13. Monitors retention and factors associated with changes in retention levels.
14. Oversees the admission process.
15. Oversees coordination and recruitment of new faculty to the division.
16. Oversees recruitment, retention, and quality control of preceptors and per diem (PTL) faculty.
17. Monitors certification pass rates for all programs and works with Specialty Directors and/or Program Directors to develop remediation plans as needed.
18. Manages financial and human resources for the Advanced Nursing Practice Division.
19. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to prepare annual budget requests for the Advanced Nursing Practice Division programs and operates within the approved budget.
20. Submits reports as required and as requested.
21. Works with faculty, School of Nursing Administration and staff to implement strategic plans and assure ongoing quality improvement and integrity of the Advanced Nursing Practice Division.
22. Facilitates faculty and student communication and participation regarding School of Nursing activities.
23. Chairs Advanced Nursing Practice Division and Specialty Director meetings.
24. Serves as ex-officio member on the Advanced Nursing Practice Division, Faculty Practice Committee, and Standing Committees.
25. Adheres to the policies and procedures of the School of Nursing, University, academic partners, and clinical institutions as appropriate.
26. Understands and adheres to Rutgers University compliance standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
27. Assumes other responsibilities or duties as assigned.