Our fast growing marketing firm is seeking an Associate Controller to lead day-to-day oversight and management of agency account payments, account receivables and all other accounting processes.
Our Associate Controller will oversee finance and accounting activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, client billing, payroll, expenses and more. At this agency, we hate red tape, so youre here to cut through it, while keeping our finances in check. You will partner with the CEO, Chairman, and Head of Agency Operations to ensure we have a thoughtful and clearly-articulated plan for tracking expenditures, forecasting budgets and more.
- You are buttoned up, organized, and know how to get things done
- You are a team player - you put the success of your team and work before yourself
- You have strong time management skills
- You have a keen eye for detail; nothing gets past you or slips through the cracks
- You are trustworthy and always keep sensitive information confidential
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You cut straight to the point
- You have an opinion and share it when you spot an opportunity
- You live to drive efficiency. Youre not afraid to tell someone that no, they cant order that humidifier for their dog and bill it to the company.
- Work with leadership to plan and direct overall financial health of SRW
- Develop and implement accounting policies; making recommendations on tools and processes
- Lead general accounting process for the agency, including accounts receivable (AR), accounts payable (AP), client billing, payroll, expenses and more
- Track and manage employee credit cards and other expenses
- Maintain a general ledger and provide monthly balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Audit agency and departmental budgets and establish process for tracking expenditures; Prepare forecasts and comprehensive budgets across the agency and by department
- Provide profit and loss tracking at the agency and account level
- Own accounts payable - including proper tracking of contractor and vendor invoices and processing payments
- Own accounts receivable - lead the invoicing of clients on a monthly basis, ensuring the billing amounts and cycle aligns with client SOW
- Assist with with tax functions, including assisting lead accountant to prepare required tax forms with federal, state and local government as necessary
- Meet weekly with SRW founders to report on cash flow and project revenue based on new business pipeline
Even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications, but feel you have something unique to contribute to SRW, please apply! Tell us why you'd be a great addition in your cover letter.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required; or equivalency in experience
- 1+ years working in an accounting or finance role with significant exposure to accounting (creative agency or small business is preferred)
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks, Excel and other related finance software
- Proficiency in accounting principles
- Strong aptitude for math
- Good and clear written and verbal communication skills
A ragtag bunch of hooligans who just might be onto something, we quit agency life to help a broad range of clients do the same. We specialize in building and growing communities through content - specializing in the healthy food industry. We create and deliver these campaigns from concept to distribution, and earn consumer and media attention for our clients by creating useful experiences for their specific audiences.
Our culture doesnt come from a book, its intrinsic to who we are. We believe people are more than one thing and we abhor the phrase thats not my job. We are compassionate and fun to work with. We are adaptable. We ask (lots of) questions and listen to the answers. We do good work with and for good people. We work hard and have fun.
SRW offers equal opportunities for employment and advancement to all applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity, individual qualifications, and merit. We believe the best creative ideas and results come from diverse perspectives that share a purpose. Why? Because, it reflects our values and makes good business sense. And we care: about each other, the work, and the world around us.
Learn more about us at srw.agency