Fort Myers , FL 33908
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join a firm with over 5 decades of experience!
Kubicki Draper was founded in 1963 as a defense litigation boutique and, today, is a diverse full-service law firm providing trial, appellate, coverage, commercial and real estate transaction services.
With over 180 attorneys and 12 offices, we represent clients throughout the entire State of Florida and the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. We are a high-growth law firm with opportunities across Florida, and in Mobile, Alabama.
The Fort Meyers office of Kubicki Draper, is currently seeking an Associate with three or more years of civil litigation experience. Prior experience in Insurance Defense required.
- Must be a member of the Florida Bar in good standing to be considered.
- three or more years experience in the area of civil litigation
- Stellar academic credentials
- Strong legal research and excellent writing skills, as well as possess strong/persuasive oral advocacy
- Previous experience in litigation, particularly in the areas of Insurance Defense
- Ability to work cases from beginning to close, as well as manage resources on cases
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our clients, with a client first mindset
- Highly organized, with clear and concise communication style
- Must be a self-starter and goal-oriented with a focus on long-term career goals
- Must be competent & proficient in the use of Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint & Excel
- Draft/review substantive pleadings and motions
- Respond to motions & discovery
- Attend/chair hearings, depositions, mediations, meetings with clients, as well as negotiate settlements
- Lead and manage a team
- Communicate in a highly effective manner with team members and clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced evolving environment
The KD difference:
- A strong and diverse culture, true work-life balance with a fast track to career growth and development
- Full suite of benefits including, PTO, medical insurance, 401k (with match)
- Diversity - 56% of Kubicki Drapers attorneys are female. Almost half of our shareholders and executive leadership are also female and with minority representation.
- More than 15% of our staff has been with the firm over 10 years.
Grow, learn and evolve with us! Apply today!