Jacksonville , FL 32202
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Kubicki Draper is a full-service law firm founded in 1963 providing trial, appellate, coverage, commercial and real estate transaction services. With over 200 attorneys and 12 offices, we represent clients throughout the entire State of Florida and the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. We are a high growth law firm with several opportunities across Florida.
We have a strong and diverse culture, true work-life balance with a fast track to career growth and development. Our goal is to bring in talent from all backgrounds, cultural perspectives and life experiences who share our desire to provide excellent service to our clients, make a positive impact on the legal community and grow professionally.
At Kubicki Draper we are 36% minority owned and over 73% of our attorneys are members of minority groups including 62% of the firms shareholders. Come join the firm with over 5 decades of experience servicing the Florida market and the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.
The Jacksonville office of Kubicki Draper, is currently seeking an Associate Attorney with at least 3+ years of experience practicing law in the state of Florida, preferably in the area of First Party Property.
- Stellar academic credentials
- Strong legal research and excellent writing skills, as well as possess strong/persuasive oral advocacy
- Previous experience in litigation, particularly in the areas of Insurance Defense and/or First Party Property
- Desire to excel and work your way up the ranks of the law firm
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our clients, with a client first mindset
- Highly organized, with clear and concise communication style
- Must be a self-starter and goal-oriented with a focus on long-term career goals
- Licensed member of the Florida Bar and in good standing
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be competent & proficient in the use of Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint & Excel
- Draft/review substantive pleadings and motions
- Respond to motions & discovery
- Attend/chair hearings, depositions, mediations, meetings with clients, as well as negotiate settlements
- Communicate in a highly effective manner with team members and clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced evolving environment
The KD difference:
- A strong and diverse culture, true work-life balance with a fast track to career growth and development
- Full suite of benefits including, PTO, medical insurance, 401k (with match)
- Diversity - 56% of Kubicki Drapers attorneys are female. Almost half of our shareholders and executive leadership are also female and with minority representation.
- More than 15% of our staff has been with the firm over 10 years.