Assistant Store Manager
Las Vegas , NV 89101
Posted 2 weeks ago
Essence Vegas announces the invitation to submit resumes/CV's for the position of AssistantStore Manager. Processing of candidates will occur throughout the year on an ongoing basis. The pool of candidates from this recruitment may be used to fill vacancies for the classification of AssistantStore Manager for up to one (1) year.
The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in developing and implementing the business strategy and leading the day-to-day operations in the store. In partnership with the Store Manager, they will be responsible for driving results by effectively building, developing and coaching associates into a high performing selling team that achieves sales goals, meets merchandising brand standards and delivers operational excellence. The Assistant Manager is expected to role model the Essence Core Values and Service Standards in all actions and interactions. The ideal candidate will be people and service focused, problem solving, organized, and detail oriented individual, with the necessary leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to represent Essence Cannabis Dispensary and its core values
NOTE: Eligible candidates will be contacted via phone or e-mail only if moving forward to the interview process. If you are not contacted, your resume/CV will remain active for a period of six (6) months.
Drive for Results
- Support the Store Manager in the execution of the short and long term store business plans to drives KPI results and maximizes business opportunities to include CRM, Loyalty and technology
- Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
- Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience,
- Contribute to the achievement of all store financial, revenue and expense targets.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture.
- Communicates with Store Manager and executive leadership on product mix, market trends, and product needs
- Drive execution and sales of company promotions and offers ideas on how those promotions can be enhanced.
- Motivate and inspire the team by developing and delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses Essence Core Values.
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor, observing customer inactions and providing immediate feedback, and leading by example.
- Hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Build effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to build a high performing store team.
- Collaborates with the SM in leading the management team through effective implementation of all performance management tools and processes.
- Lead and participate in productive weekly leadership meetings that align with and drive the business strategy.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain sales associates to ensure the store is sufficiently staffed to meet the needs of the business.
- Train, develop and coach the associate team; provide appropriate level of performance feedback to increase confidence and capability
- Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance
- Ensure that all associate team adheres to all employment practices and policies.
- Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance feedback through real-time coaching, ongoing employee performance management and delivery of all performance documentation in a timely manner.
- Enforce company policies while adhering to proper procedure regarding disciplinary action.
- Recognize and properly resolve customer and performance issues; communicate high priority issues to the Store Manager and Leadership in a timely manner and collaborates to develop a plan for resolution to minimize risk.
Visual & Operational Execution
- Maintain standards on the sales floor, cash wrap and reception areas ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Executes all daily operational procedures and supports the management team to ensure the store compliance, cash and inventory management meet company standards.
- Oversees and ensures efficiency of all daily operational procedures in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are filed properly, all data is input correctly, all menus are up to date, and all products displayed properly.
- Manages team to ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures to make sound business decisions and communicate/educate all staff members
- Responsible for operating a dispensary that follows all local and state laws.
- Ensure maintenance of product par levels, cycle counts, inventory accuracy, audits, and destroying inventory.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- A minimum of four to six (4 - 6) years of progressive store management experience in a fast-paced retail environment is required. Previous experience working for a cannabis dispensary or other highly-regulated industries is ideal
- Retail Operations knowledge including: sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation and loss prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and competing priorities.
- Strong communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment and state marijuana laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have the availability and the ability to work a flexible schedule to meets the demands of a retail business and retail consumer which may include regular nights, weekends, long and short shifts
- Strong Computer skills: POS Systems and Microsoft Office, Math Skills and Phone Skills
- Must maintain all required work cards and other requirements set by the city, state, or county.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few cannabis companies can match, including competitive pay, insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, paid vacation & selected holidays, and an employee discount program.
Essence Vegas & Desert Grown Farms provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Essence Vegas & Desert Grown Farms complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.