Assistant Project Manager - Retail Construction
Culver City , CA 90232
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Assistant Project Manager, working in tandem with the Regional Project Manager, is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of their project(s). Specific functions to achieve success will include contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, design review, and construction monitoring functions including the oversight of third-party contractors and design teams.Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- The Assistant Project Manager assist the design and construction team with the overall plan for construction of the project.
- Solicit and obtain and negotiate bids from contractors.
- Create and manage budgets across multiple projects.
- Pre-construction site due diligence oversight.
- Secure properly executed subcontract and purchase order agreements, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required to protect the interest of the Company.
- Communicate progress billing and change orders to the finance team.
- Prepare the detailed project construction progress schedule and budget for each assigned project in coordination with the regional project manager.
- Visit sites under construction and ensure that work is adhering to timelines and design standards.
- Check in daily with the site super for construction updates and ensure that projects meet deadlines.
- Works with external and internal facility maintenance support.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent higher education designation.
- Three years or more related experience.
- Project management certificates a plus.
The Assistant Project Manager will be based at company HQ in Culver City, CA