Assistant Project Manager - NY
Albany , NY 12201
Posted 2 weeks ago
The Assistant Project Manager works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
This position is responsible for subcontractor management, submittals, buyout, great client relations and cost estimation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with safety procedures/policies and addresses and/or elevates non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Supports the Quality personnel and the project through the use of the Quality Management System.
- Develops various construction means and methods with the Superintendent and/or Project Manager to optimize safety, cost, equipment utilization, schedule efficiency, and communication with the client.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Monitors material yields and modifies operations to minimize waste.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team.
- Takes a site walk each day to monitor the project's progress and to remain fully aware of any developing issues.
- Assists the preparation of the 12 month cash flow schedule
- Reviews and understands the extra work billing format. Updates all budgets to incorporate owner change orders.
- Oversees subcontractors and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Actively participates in the development of the Four Week Look Ahead schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Participates in recruiting and interviewing candidates.
- Participates in Business Development activities to promote the company's brand and services.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 3 or more years of experience or equivalent
- Successfully led and managed projects or operations valued at $5 million or a series of projects or operations simultaneously with an aggregate value greater than $5 million
- Background in project start-up meetings, sub-contractor and vendor by-outs, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS, JD Edwards and Expedition software
- Working knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Working knowledge of Change Order Index
- Knowledge of NEC requirements and other industry standards, NABCEP certification preferred
- Must be open to travel or relocation
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
About CS Energy
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. CS Energy is a leading integrated energy company that designs and builds optimized projects in the solar, storage, and emerging energy industries for our customers across the United States. CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares Infrastructure and Power and The Conti Group. We are an extremely bankable company with over $350 million of bonding capacity, a strong balance sheet, and established banking relationships required to fund our operations. CS Energy has over 140 employees and are currently executing projects in all regions of the United States.
Ares Infrastructure and Power strategy seeks to provide flexible capital for cash-generating assets across the climate infrastructure, natural gas generation, and energy transportation sectors. Ares Infrastructure and Power leverages a broadly skilled and cohesive team of more than 25 investment professionals with deep domain experience and has deployed $8 billion of capital in over 140 investments and more than 200 different infrastructure and power assets and companies. Ares Management Corporation is a leading global alternative investment manager operating three integrated businesses across Credit, Private Equity and Real Estate. Ares Managements investment groups collaborate to deliver innovative investment solutions and consistent and attractive investment returns for fund investors throughout market cycles. Ares Managements global platform had $144 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2019 and employs approximately 1,200 employees in over 20 offices across four continents. Please visit www.aresmgmt.com for additional information.
The Conti Group is a privately held group of companies spanning the construction, engineering, renewable energy, real estate, technology and biotech markets whose mission is to create positive impact and great value for customers, partners, employees, and society.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.