Assistant Preschool Teacher
Little Sunshine's Playhouse &Amp; Preschool
Rogers , AR 72756
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We invite you to explore the opportunity of joining our team in bringing quality child care and early childhood education to the children in our community. Little Sunshine's Playhouse maintains a reputation of unrivaled distinction in childcare and serves as a castle for a "once upon a time" experience that enables each child to develop their imagination and grow socially and academically. Unique characteristics and state-of-the-art services distinguish Little Sunshine's Playhouse as the premier early childhood education program.
We are currently accepting applications for assistant teachers in our Twos, Threes and Pre-K classroom. Qualified applicants will meet and exceed all Child Care Licensing requirements, possess a teamwork mindset, great communication and organization skills and have a strong problem-solving ability. Applicants should be a professional both in mindset and appearance and have a strong work history.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- Assist the lead teacher, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Following curriculum and daily schedule
- Decorating the class and keeping classrooms clean and orderly
- Creating daily reports for children including a photo or video every day for each child.
- Participate in parent communication
- Meeting children's basic needs (diapers, attention, etc.)
- Be familiar with and follow all school policies and licensing rules.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position.
- Meet and exceed all state Child Care Licensing requirements
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
Compensation based on education and experience.