Assistant Operations Manager for a Fast Paced Lumber Mill A fast paced lumber mill in the Detroit, Michigan area is looking for an experienced assistant operations manager / Superintendent to join their team.This person will Plan, direct, or coordinate plant production operations in a safe manner. Duties and responsibilities include managing daily operations and planning the use of materials and human resources. Ensure environmental and safety compliance at all times. PRIMARY DUTIES
Work with the Operations Manager in enforcing all safety and environmental compliance regulations.
Direct,coordinate, and overseeactivities of the production process and distribution of products.
Manage staff by preparing work schedules and assigning specific tasks.
Maintain and update inventory management system (status sheet) daily.
Review performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing improvement.
Manage inventory to maintain established stock levels.
Monitor and enforce plant and company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
Manage the movement of goods.
Confer with management and/or subordinates to resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities.
Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
Other duties as assigned.
College degree preferred and/or High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) with two plus years of related experience.
Ability to accept responsibility and accountability for his/her actions.
Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively with othersclearly and concisely using the spoken and written word.
Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
Ability to demonstrate behaviors conforming to Hoovers set of values and accepted standards.
Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach goals and/or perform to the best of their ability.
Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Must be dependable and trustworthy.
Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working within Google Drive programs, Windows based programs, using a word processor, and email. Must have a good knowledge of spread sheeting.
VIEW JOBS12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-06T00:00Description
Under general supervision, plans, develops, schedules, supervises and coordinates the land management and ground maintenance for the citywide park system.
Examples of Duties
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
* Directs a group of professional employees in the work of park maintenance directly or through delegation to subordinate supervisors.
* Interprets and implements the plans of management.
* Observes conduct of subordinate supervisors and other employees at work.
* Plans programs and schedules for work units.
* Prepares detailed plans for the accomplishment of objectives.
* Establishes standards for the successful performance of staff, other departmental personnel and contractual work as required.
* Inspects field conditions and equipment to determine course of action and availability of resources.
* Responds to major problems or actions as required to meet program objectives.
* Devises methods of providing more effective services and better relations with park users.
* Compares performance with objectives and takes steps necessary to correct unsatisfactory performance and recommends changes or modifications.
* Develops and implements procedures necessary to meet new situations.
* Reports regularly on performance metrics.
* Prepares procedures, policies, and rules and regulations to implement program objectives.
* Responds to complaints received from the public concerning weed control and grounds maintenance.
* Interacts with interested groups regarding landscaping subjects and maintenance projects.
Bachelor's Degree in horticulture, landscape design or a related field of study.
Five years of progressively responsible experience in landscape maintenance and construction activities including three years which have been in a supervisory capacity.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
* Standard methods used in the maintenance of parks.
* Standard principles and practices of landscape design.
* Park Maintenance principles and practices.
* Planning, prioritizing and organizing general landscape and maintenance activities.
* Supervising the work of others.
* Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Use of basic equipment, tools, and supplies used to support ground maintenance activities of a large park maintenance organization.
* Use personal computer and common office software.
* Interact effectively with subordinates, other departmental personnel, and the public with tact and diplomacy.
* Display initiative and be resourceful in addressing work problems.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Employees in this class must possess a valid State of Michigan Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certification with categories 3A, 3B and 6.
Employees in this class will be required to operate a motor vehicle; a valid State of Michigan Operators License is required.
Candidates considered for placement in this classification may be subject to a Criminal Background Investigation based on the requirements of the position.
Work involves frequent walking, bending, climbing and exposure to fumes, dust and seasonal weather conditions.
Employees in this class are required to wear appropriate safety attire in accordance with departmental and MIOSHA safety regulations.
* Interview: 70%
* Evaluation of Training, Experience and Personal Qualification: 30%
City Of DetroitDetroitMI
VIEW JOBS12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-03T00:00Job Description
Responsible for assisting with all operational tasks within the store as delegated and assigned by the Store Manager with main focus on the front-end and sales floor operations. Also assist with the hiring, training and development of store associates as delegated by the Store Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist with all store functions and day-to-day store activities as directed by the Store Manager
* Able to perform all opening and closing procedures in the absence of the Store Manager
* Assist the Store Manager in protecting and securing all company assets, including store cash
* Adhere to all policies and procedures including safety guidelines
* Maintain a professional and friendly environment with customers, subordinates and supervisors
* Maintain all areas of the store, including the stockroom and sales floor, to company standards to include recovery
* When the Store Manager is not on the premises, direct supervisory responsibility for all hourly Associates
* Process all SSC Corporate directives including Pull and Hold/Destroy, Task Compliance, Key Survey information
* requests and any additional communications related to store activities as delegated by the Store Manager
* Assist the Store Manager on the receipt and return of DSD merchandise.
* Follow the VIP and DSD Policies and Procedures
* Assist the Store Manager in ensuring proper staffing coverage on a daily basis
* Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that the sales floor is sales effective on a daily basis
* Assist in the management of cashiering activities to ensure all company cash handling practices & guidelines are followed at all times by all Associates
* Promotional effectiveness of store-front fixtures and displays
* Assist in the management of sales effectiveness of seasonal areas in the store
* Coordinate appropriate signage utilized in the store
* Assist with the receipt and return of DSD merchandise
* Process damaged merchandise on a daily basis
* Assist Store Manager with creation of weekly schedules
* Assist in the management of store supplies and expense control
* Assist with merchandising and maintaining the checkout area to maximize impulse sales
* Ensure coolers and store-front program racks/displays are refilled daily (balloon program, sunglasses, batteries, etc.)
* Assist with the management of the Drive Item program
* Prefer prior retail and management experience
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills
* Ability to lift, bend and transport merchandise weighing up to 50lbs
* Ability to work in a high energy team environment
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, which appear in the job description for this position, and which may be amended from time to time at the discretion of Dollar Tree. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer.
VIEW JOBS12/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-05T00:00Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? We're seeking a Senior Project Superintendent candidate for construction projects in our Southeast Michigan region. This position provides a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to use their construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important project activities. In addition to a rewarding career in construction, Christman offers employees competitive pay, a generous benefits program and regular training and professional development.
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities will include creating a safe work environment, organizing site logistics, establishing a work pace that achieves schedule commitments, assuring construction quality, and monitoring and tracking project progress and risks. This person will be responsible for supporting and monitoring projects typically ranging from $5 - $120 million, establishing expectations for both the construction and the team. Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
* Work Planning: Plan and prioritize to achieve high-quality, timely results within the context of project management. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
* Relationships: Earn respect through construction knowledge and positive problem solving. Develop productive relationships with project team, contractors, design teams and clients.
* Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
* Detail Orientation: Successfully ensure accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Professionalism: Positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
* Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with project management software. Willingness to test and implement new software technology.
* Math Skills: Numerical and analytical skills related to dimension and layout, elevations, and production rates, and ability to apply these skills to achieve project quality and adequate manpower.
* Learning Orientation: Pursue related educational and training for job performance improvements and to share knowledge and debate concepts with the Christman team.
Best suited candidates will possess the following characteristics:
* Ten or more years of commercial construction experience as a foreman or superintendent requiring professionalism and integrity.
* Progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field.
* Successful completion of classes or other training in construction management, project management, safety, communication.
* Demonstrated interest in and ability to develop familiarity with the site requirements, tools, methods, and materials of the full range of trade divisions.
* Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals.
* Willing to relocate and/or travel is preferred.
The Christman family of companies, including The Christman Company, Christman Constructors, and Christman Mid-Atlantic Constructors, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
The Christman CompanyDetroitMI