Assistant MenS And WomenS Swimming Coach/Assistant Aquatics Director
Gettysburg , PA 17325
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Gettysburg College is seeking an Assistant Mens and Womens Swimming Coach/Assistant Aquatics Director. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position. It reports to the Head Mens and Womens Swimming Coach/Aquatics Director. The assistant coach will be responsible for assisting the head coach in all areas of running a competitive swimming program. The position involves working weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Duties include assisting the head coach in the following areas:
- coaching during practice and meets to ensure proper preparation and readiness for student-athletes, including work with strength and conditioning;
- provide some coordination of detailed travel logistics for events;
- recruit and retain highly qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success, including meeting with student-athletes and parents to promote Gettysburg College, as well as use social media and other strategies of to leverage technology;
- demonstrate a high level of involvement in the personal, academic development and health and welfare of student-athletes;
- provide support to the office of Development, Alumni and Parent Relations with fundraising efforts and alumni activities;
- providing assistance with the operation of the facility and coordinating the hiring and scheduling of lifeguards;
- additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.