Assistant Meat/Seafood Sales Manager
Bennington , VT 05201
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Qualified applicants will be trained Meat Cutter to be considered for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
- Direct work flow of meat cutters and meat clerks.
- Ensure product produced meets company sanitation and food safety standards.
- Oversee the cutting room, cooler organization, and rotation of all products.
- Cut, filet, and display seafood. Process merchandise properly, paying careful attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
- Build and maintain ice wall.
- Package and display products according to customer demands.
- Process administrative paperwork and maintain accurate department records.
- Order and maintain inventory control in order to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
- Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow up required for efficient performance of the department.
- Maintain effectiveness of department's staffing, scheduling, and financial results.
- Perform meat cutter functions.
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize equipment as outlined by company policy and practices.
- Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of meat and seafood associates as assigned by management.
Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and expand knowledge of meat and seafood product, storage, and preparation techniques.
- Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
- In the absence of the department manager, manage the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with company personal appearance policy.
- Actively recognize associates who deliver great service and coach associates to expectations when necessary.
- Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
- Have total understanding of department's Standard Practice manual.
- Maintain merchandising techniques and layouts consistent with company standards.
- Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
- Assist in training other associates when assigned.
- Maintain solid communication in the department, with the store manager, and throughout the organization.
- Maintain department compliance with pricing and coding policy.
- Work within our company's management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer feedback when necessary
- Maintain the quality of the department's appearance and presentation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication, customer service and selling skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
- Must meet minimum age requirements to comply with company policy.
- Tolerate working in extreme cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time while working in an area surrounded by freezers and coolers filled with ice, and in temperatures of 45 degrees F the majority of the time.
- Lift cases of products weighing up to 50 lb. frequently.
- Lift cases or packages of meat products weighing 1-40 lb. frequently and 100 lb. on occasion.
- Meet established volume activity standards.
- Perform repetitive grasping, twisting, reaching and hand/arm motions as the product is identified, wrapped, priced and weighed.
- Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting of products with arms fully extended: waist to shoulder height.
- Use hands to feel objects, use knives to open boxes/cases or to prepare and clean fish.
- Use hands continuously to feel objects, and use tools and equipment to cut and prepare meat products.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials and meat and seafood products.
Inquire for more information on available benefits