Position: Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: General Manager and/or
Associate Manager Location:
Type: Full-Time/Casual, Non-Exempt
Discover your purpose...
Support management team in achieving goals by providing world-class service. Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store. Perform operational functions to ensure the store meets Company guidelines. Implement visual changes and maintain store standards.
Who you are...
• Passionate about aligning yourself with business needs
• Loves to coach, mentor & help grow your team in order to meet & exceed sales goals
• Results-oriented leader, who has an excellent ability to motivate & influence others through actions & examples
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
• Proven success achieving results both independently & through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork
• Risk-taker who is not afraid to go above & beyond to exceed a customers’ expectations in order to close a sale
• Agile leader who loves to prioritize, plan & adjust their schedule to ensure business goals are achieved
• Loves to contribute in management & store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, sales opportunities & organizational improvements
At Williams Sonoma you will....
• Provide exceptional customer service in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
• Serve as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and customer service by making the customer experience the
• Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes and challenges.
• Utilize training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills, and achieve business goals.
• Contribute in management and store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, sales opportunities,
and organizational improvements.
• Effectively perform operations functions: opens and closes the store, register, and back office management procedures.
• Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance.
• Monitor Inventory levels and communicate discrepancies to Associate or General Manager.
• Assume additional management responsibilities in the absence of Associate or General Manager.
• Perform projects and assignments as directed by the Associate or General Manager.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People
What we’re looking for...
• College degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
• 1-3 years retail sales experience with management experience preferred.
• 1-2 years experience in home related design or visual merchandising preferred (specialty retail preferred, but notrequired).
• Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety technique.
• Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
• Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be
available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and one during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
*Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday) If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday).
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the 'AODA') in Ontario, Williams-Sonoma Canada would like to advise that it complies with all applicable requirements of the AODA and, if necessary, provides accessibility for all applicants and associates with physical and mental disabilities, both during recruitment and employment If an applicant or an associate is in need of an accommodation for a disability, contact a General Manager and any store location for assistance