Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Assistant Manager, Skincare Product Development## New York
New York , NY 10007
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Assistant Manager, Skincare Product Development
Brand: Este Lauder
The Assistant Manager for Global Skincare Product Development works with the Director to help drive calendarized and non-calendarized initiatives within the Este Lauder Brand. Works closely with the Director on the innovation of quality products that meet brand strategy and insure the successful launch of new products.
- Work closely with the Director to help drive assigned calendarized launches in all stages from concept to on-counter.
- Evaluate all products submissions on a timely basis. Communicate desired modifications to the lab via product submission form.
- Manage the product development process as follows:
Organization for all benchmark submissions, standards and other related products
Actively participate in research of new product ideas (visual and literal)
Responsible for preparing presentation boards
Support in preparation of product profiles
Prepare Product Fact Sheets to initiate development activities
With ED Evaluate lab, FVL, pilot and first production batches and send a file written responses to R&D and Packaging.
Manage product samples with Marketing, GBSC and R&D.
Responsible for sending out Product Council samples and questionnaires and summarize feedback.
- Conduct panel tests and create questionnaires, analyze data and give direction to the lab.
- Works with the Director to help create product fact sheets / profiles to capture all development needs including product technologies, positioning and claims.
- Works with the Director to put together presentations and conduct research on new ingredients, products etc.
- Research competitive market place for new products; research consumer use of products; analysis of competitive products/claims.
- With the guidance of the Director, will dedicate specified amount of time to exploratory development to help drive the Este Lauder product library.
- Assist the Director with the development of new product concepts that fit with need-gaps in the line or new business opportunities.
- Be a team player with Marketing, Packaging and R&D aiding in each step of the development process.
- Participate in GPPD, GBSC, Regional Conference Calls (when appropriate) with or in place of Director when necessary
- Work hand in hand with peers in Education, Creative and Consumer Relations
- Travel to Estee Lauder R&D facility to work with the Lab and PD team as needed.
- Travel to Estee Lauder and supplier plants for on-site approval as needed.
- Read magazine and journals to keep abreast of competitive product launches and new technologies.
- Follow up in the coordination of all packaging issues.
- Maintain weekly status report and keep Director informed of project details.
Undergraduate College degree.
4 years relevant experience; skincare background preferred.
Excellent organization, communication and follow-through skills with a keen eye for detail.
Ability to think creatively and brainstorm new approaches, ingredients or ideas.
Multi-functional, flexible to handle ever changing priorities.
Strong skills in tactile/aesthetic evaluation of cosmetic products as well as the ability to communicate product understanding.
Proficiency in Microsoft Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job: Product Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Job Number: 1812260