Assistant Machine Operator
Austin , TX 78753
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Company Profile- Permalite, the leading manufacturer of quality substrate is looking to expand to the Austin Area. Originally servicing the Southern California market, the company has continued to grow and expand business globally. Permalite recently moved into a 300,000 square foot building in Austin, Texas.
The Converting Machine Operator positions is an entry level position in the Converting paper department and part of a team that has accountability for the safe operation of the converting, paper machine or warehouse operations. Incumbents will report directly to the Converting/Paper or Warehouse Supervisor or departmental team
North Austin, Howard Lane area
- Maintain high quality standards of our products and treat quality items with urgency
- Monitor, troubleshoot and adjust equipment and technology to maximize performance
- Handle and feed a variety of materials into machinery in effort to maintain production
- Perform general housekeeping duties in an effort to support safety and quality standards
- Will be operating the machines that convert the substrate we create into a coating that allows us to print art and other images onto materials such as metal.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Committed to safety & organizational goals.
- A record of stable & continuous employment.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience.
- Must be computer literate.
- Professional communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs., climb ladders and stairs, and stand for continuous periods of time with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, noisy, & high volume machine production area.
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required.
- Meeting Attendance expectation.
Medical / Dental / Vision and 401K! PTO and 2 Floating Holidays a year available, PLUS 6 paid holidays!