Assistant Machine Operator
Austin , TX 78753
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Company Profile- Permalite, the leading manufacturer of quality substrate is looking to expand to the Austin Area. Originally servicing the Southern California market, the company has continued to grow and expand business globally. Permalite recently moved into a 300,000 square foot building in Austin, Texas.
The Converting Assistant Machine Operator positions is an entry level position in the Converting paper department and part of a team that has accountability for the safe operation of the converting, paper machine or warehouse operations. Incumbents will report directly to the Converting/Paper or Warehouse Supervisor or departmental team Lead Operator.
Location: North Austin, Howard Lane area
Shift: 1st and 2nd
Pay Rate: $13.00 / hr + Shift Differential
*Must be available to work weekends*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Load and unload materials onto or into machine by pushing, pulling, lifting, or stacking, either by hand or with equipment provided.
- Inspect material and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the lead operator
- Prepare work area for work orders assigned
- Package and palletize converted rolls
- Follow prescribed safety regulations at all times
- Relate with all co-workers in congenial manner
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic comfort with mechanical applications to become familiar with basic machine functions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Must read and follow written instructions and add and subtract simple fractions
- Ability to work in independently or in teams while maintaining a favorable working relationship with other company employees
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
- Capable to lift or move 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401k, 2 Floating Holidays and 6 PAID HOLIDAYS!