Assistant IT Technician
Bohemia , NY 11716
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
An employee in this class is responsible for assisting with the overall supervision and management of the AHRC Suffolk computer system. As requested, performs related work.Under the direct supervision of the Network Administrator, an employee in this class will work with all programs at all sites to keep computer network running.
This position is Monday- Friday, 8:00 am- 4:00 pm (35 hours), Full Time and Benefit Eligible.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employers, staff and with the individuals we support.
- Maintain accurate records, complete and submit reports timely.
- Adequate organizational, computer and management skills.
- Communicates clearly, accurately, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft platform.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with PCs.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- NYS Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Readiness to learn and utilize relevant agency computer applications.