Assistant Hospital Manager - Aventura
Veterinary Emergency Group
Aventura , FL 33180
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Assistant Hospital Manager
Mission: The Assistant Hospital Manager assists in handling day-to-day hospital operations under the supervision and mentorship of a Hospital Manager. They also work to further the VEG way, actively advancing culture, engagement, efficiency, and growth. The AHM position is a great introduction to the VEG leadership team.
- Work directly under the Hospital Manager and Medical Director to further VEG hospital initiatives and goals.
- Help support the VEG culture within your hospital by holding Manifesto discussions, Spike Drills, and model the VEG way in all that you do.
- Assist the Hospital Manager with various inventory management, customer satisfaction, hospital protocol, and marketing projects.
Who are you:
- A driven individual who is interested in taking an active role in the advancement and success of your hospital. The AHM role can be used as a launch point for gaining necessary experience to eventually become a Hospital Manager.
- You have a growth mindset. You are looking to help grow your VEG hospital while also working on your own personal growth to advance with VEG.
- You want to accomplish your goals but do it while maintaining a fun, positive, and approachable attitude.
- Able to self manage tasks and meet deadlines provided to you.
What you will do:
The AHM ultimately provides support to the HM from the perspective of learning the hospital responsibilities and tasks that come with the HM role. The HM will provide an introduction to the below tasks and will continue to oversee that the tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Hospital Manager to inspire and maintain VEG Culture throughout all aspects of your hospital.
- Maintain an enriching, fun, and respectful environment for the staff.
- Support company-wide objectives with the staff by creating quarterly activities or presentations that further our goals.
- Inspire the team to consistently provide a level 3 customer experience.
- Assist in training new VEG hires and ensuring they understand hospital procedures and guidelines.
- Work with the Hospital Manager to delegate responsibilities and help your fellow VEGgies grow.
- Report any HR related issues back to the Hospital Manager and Medical Director.
- Actively seek out customer feedback through in-person conversations, phone calls, and requests for surveys. May also assist in responding to customer surveys.
- Be willing and able to take the reins on any given task or responsibility if needed.
Operations and Finances:
- Work with the Hospital Manager to develop and maintain an inventory management program to ensure accurate product counts. May assist in product ordering.
- Ensure the hospital remains clean and in an orderly condition.
- Monitor and assist with crematory procedures by doing regular audits.
- May be asked to assist with creating support staff schedules and finding coverage when needed.
- Assist with managing accounts receivable, banking, and payment plans.
- Ensure hospital equipment is functional and maintained.