Assistant General Manager- Little Beach House Malibu
Soho House & Co.
Malibu , CA 90263
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are:
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
SEE HOW WE WORKHAVE FUNANDWHY WE STAY
This position will be responsible for working in conjunction with the General Manager to support the operations of a high-volume up-scale private members club. This position will be responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant is maintained on a daily basis and that the needs of the owner, employees, members and guests are met and/or exceeded.
- Ensure smooth running of all F&B operations
- Checking Bar and Floor schedules during the working week
- Ensure staff costs are in line with monthly budgets
- Adhere to budget in relation to both sales control and expenditure
- Act as a liaison between staff and management as needed
- Implement monthly team and individual training sessions
- To attend Management training and meetings as required
- Be in charge of all food menu served throughout the design, tasting, service
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance in the F and B department
- Responsible for building rules, regulations and procedures
- Responsible for Mystery Shopper Reports and staff development
- Liaise with maintenance department to ensure all areas are in perfect condition to ensure smooth service and design standard of Soho house
- Liaise with other managers in relation to wine and cocktail training
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of Little Beach House Malibu. Liaising with Housekeeping & Maintenance that your teams are aware of their responsibility in respect of prevention and action in the event of fire in accordance with the restaurants fire plan and current legislation
- Ensure maximum revenue is achieved from all sales opportunities
- To be instrumental in the recruitment and training of new staff
- Maintain staff product knowledge and up selling skills
- Ensure the standard of service provided to each guest is to the Company's defined standard.
- Ensure that the agreed standard of personal presentation is maintained at all times by the staff.
- Gather guests/members feedback and forward to membership and GM
- Organize staff training and liaise with HR department
- Production of weekly reports and forecasts
- Prepare F&B Manager schedule
- Participate in Duty Manager Program as required
- Any other duties as directed by the General Manager
- 2+ years relative experience with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation
- Knowledge of fine dining and upscale Food and Beverage operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, human resources and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, rehabilitation plans,
- Flexible schedule
- A sophisticated communicator with high standards of performance together with excellent communication, problem solving and listening skills
- Passionate about the Hospitality Industry and Guest Relations
- Focused on market trends
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to create strong relationships with guests and clients budget forecasting, quality assurance programs and the development of long-range planning
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 10 hours daily
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match.
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick days + vacation days.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.