Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Assistant General Manager
New York , NY 10001
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Butler Hospitality is a fast growing company that operates hotel dining rooms and bars, along with room service throughout Manhattan. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn the inner workings of the hotel industry. Our group is expanding rapidly and will always look to promote from within. The General Manager is responsible for providing a great Guest experience while providing leadership over the front-of-house (FOH) and back-of-house (BOH) team to prepare and serve delicious and safe food to our patrons while meeting or exceeding our business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles all guest relations, concerns, and complaints. Maintain a visible presence on the floor and interact with Guest and Team Members during peak business periods.
- Is responsible for all aspects of employee relations, including but not limited to hiring, disciplining, developing, coaching, mediating, recognizing and evaluating team members according to our companys policy.
- Develops employees schedules and requested rotation to balance out the staffing levels on a weekly basis.
- Solicits feedback from the team to continuously drive operational improvements.
- Implements the standard of conduct, appearance, attendance, cash handling, confidentiality, and sanitation.
- Enforce house rules and ensure they are being followed properly.
- Properly edit payroll for accurate processing of paychecks.
- In charge of inventory and purchasing based on inventory needs lead by our head server and head line cook.
- Manages all financial operating expenses and reports, including but not limited to budgets, labor costs, and cost of goods.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- 2-5 years of experience in a venue with casual dining and active bar scene, or experience in catering is required.
- Experience overseeing multiple restaurants venues preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) applications is required.
- Must be Food Handler/Food Protection-certified within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge in Micros is a plus.
- Business acumen with a problem solving attitude.
- Working during weekends, holidays and peak business periods are required, including working any shift/day designated by the department.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Team Members.
- The ability to clearly communicate operational tasks in English is required. Must demonstrate proficient English writing skills and must be effective in engaging with our Guests to listen to their feedback and resolve their concerns
- Legal to work in the USA
What we offer - Benefits package, 401k, employee discounts and more!
About us: Butler is a new food and beverage concept that combines New York City's best culinary talent with high quality ingredients and highly curated menus. Our team of food and hospitality experts work persistently to set the standard of food and beverage excellence.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability