Assistant Front Office Manager - Soho Beach House
Soho House & Co.
Miami Beach , FL 33109
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are
The Soho House Group is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, the Group is developing with new openings planned globally.
Soho Beach House is a private members club, hotel and spa located on the historic site of the Sovereign Hotel. The site has been redesigned and expanded to include a 16-story oceanfront tower.
Overlooking the ocean, the House includes 49 bedrooms, a private beach, an expansive Cowshed Spa and gym. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor dining, secluded gardens, a screening room and Cecconis open to the public.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager with the overall operation of the Front Office, including but not limited to Front Desk, Concierge Services and Guest List. Liaise Supporting the management team as needed. This includes upholding Mystery Shopper Guidelines and all service standards. As well as supporting the recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
A Typical Day as an Assistant Front Office Manager
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
- Greet hotel guests and members upon arrival.
- Supervise the floor, employees and employee/guest relationships.
- Monitor and control daily operations.
- Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance.
- Maintain adequate inventories and assisting ordering operating supplies.
- Process all guests disputes and claims.
- Ensure proper grooming standards are followed.
- Participate in daily, weekly and yearly departmental goals, related to payroll, expenses, staffing levels and guest service.
- Maintain department operating procedures.
- Assist in a proper New Hire On-Boarding process with all new employees.
- Coordinate Front Office activities with other departments, open line of communication regarding events and other various items as they arise as well, we for all VIP check-ins.
- Ensure that the health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, workers comp procedures, and allergy procedures)
- Monitoring staff schedule to accommodate business needs on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Manage and participate in staff meetings and agendas monthly.
- Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- To deliver a consistently high standard of customer service within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- 3+ years experience and 2+ year Supervisory experience, Hospitality Degree preferred
- Computer skills, Excel, MS Word, MRM and Opera preferred
- Detail and customer services oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Flexible schedule, evenings and weekends and holidays
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Health Care: Full time employee's are offered; Medical, Dental & Vision
- Retirement: 401K with a company match of 2%