Assistant DC Operations Manager
DMA Sales, LLC
Mullins , SC 29574
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Purpose of Position
To assist the DC Operations Manager with the administration of the day-to-day operations of DMA’s Distribution Centers functions and duties. To carry out the responsibilities of setting and achieving the weekly work plans while ensuring our customer expectations are being successfully met.
MAIN JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role is responsible for managing the following diverse operations within a DMA Distribution Center.
- Prepare the weekly operations work planning calendar in advance of the upcoming work week. Review plan with the DC Operations Manager for sign off and agreement.
- Ensure that daily performance metric inputs are made by the employees within their specific departments to the DMA Labor Tracking System
- Responsible for ensuring that your employees are working in compliance with the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Take the appropriate steps to coach, council, and discipline employee behaviors and work performance as required and directed by HR
- Communicate all employee conduct and performance issues with the Operations Manager and HR prior to taking specific actions with the employee.
- Ensure that all new hire employees are receiving their 90-day performance reviews and that all regular full-time employees are receiving their annual review.
- Hold Team meetings with employees to communicate goals and objective as well as provide training in new SOP’s or related topics.
- Responsible for the receipt of all Inbound container receiving
- Ensure the appropriate labor force needs have been determined and arranged to support the work load.
- Ensure all supporting paperwork has been prepared in advance and the work area is organized and ready to begin the operation.
- Ensure products are offloaded, organized, counted, and placed into the proper storage locations for either restock and or overstock.
- Verify all counts and any variances and communicate to the DC Operations Manager and other supporting functions if problems are noted.
- Ensure all receiving SOP’s are being followed always.
- Provide daily oversight of the outbound order Pulling/Packing/Shipping teams including planning for the appropriate staffing levels necessary to achieve the daily work plan across all customer sales channels.
- Responsible for ensuring all SOP’s are being followed and that time metrics for each operation is being tracked and recorded. Most of shipments will be truck load and multi truck load and will require specialized packing and labeling standards.
- Record and communicate any process exceptions or failures to the Operations Manager and all other appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate supporting paperwork is submitted to the dedicated Strategic Account Specialist in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performing a root cause failure analysis and recommending necessary process improvements to senior management.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining employee cross training efforts to ensure a flexible and competent workforce is in place.
- Ensure regular maintenance and safety checks on all operating equipment being used within the operation has been completed and recorded daily.
- Ensure daily equipment safety checks are performed prior to equipment being put into operation.
- Maintain a PMI Log, according to operating SOP’s, on all equipment. Any issues should be immediately brought to the DC Operations Manager attention in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety Code standards for tag out / lock out of equipment that is not in use or is awaiting service.
- Ensure the monitoring of correct water levels in all electric fork lift batteries
- Ensure all employees operating equipment have received the proper training and certifications prior to allowing them to operate any equipment within the facility.
- Ensure all employees are follow safety procedures, such as the use of safety harnesses, when operating equipment.
- Ensure proper documentation, counseling, and retraining in all instances where an employee has violated a safety policy.
- Notify the company’s HR safety administrator of any violations in safety compliances.
- Maintain the cleanliness standards of the DC facility daily.
- Set a house keeping schedule for each area and assign responsibilities for keeping the area clean and free from dust, trash and debris.
- Ensure that products are neatly stacked within the shelving and that boxes are regularly dusted.
- Maintain the breakroom and restroom facilities to an above average cleanliness level.
- Set a regular schedule for running the floor sweeping and scrubbing machine to keep the dust down to a minimum.
- A high school education with relevant experience and or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership, administrative, problem-solving, critical thinking and reasoning skills, strong communication skills, time management abilities, knowledge of office procedures
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy that includes:
Proficiency in Email, Word, and the use of Excel Spreadsheets, Sage 100 ERP System, UPS World Ship, FedEx Shipping Manager, Google Docs (Corporate Metric Reporting)