Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Assistant Controller - Real Estate Investment
Iowa Career Connection
West Des Moines , IA 50266
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our company is a sophisticated real estate managementfirm, specializing in helping investors maximize capital gains and reduce taxes through1031 Exchange strategies. We are searching for an Assistant Controller.
Our Company and its Affiliates manage over 460 properties nationally in excess of $1,500,000,000 of assets that total over 12 million square feet and are located in 32 different states, and has seen consistent growth over the past few years.It anticipates adding a new portfolio of 20-25 properties under management each quarter.
This position will work directly with the corporate Controller and be eligible for promotion as we grow.
A qualified candidate will have a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task within a fast paced work environment while not being afraid to dig into the details.
What you need for this position:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- GAAP financial reporting experience strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
- 5-10+ years experience in accounting with self-responsible preparation of financial statements or public accounting experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well under pressure and with time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and see projects through
- Well versed with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
What youll be doing:
- Managing the financial reporting process for several new Company funds, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and coordination with auditors for financial statement audits
- Oversight of the cash management process
- Completing investor capital reconciliation and distribution payouts
- Preparing the month-end close by performing reconciliations and completing journal entries
- Coordinating with our lenders on required reporting
- Coordinating with our investors on required reporting
- Preparation of analysis of property performance
- Oversight of staff and senior accountants
- Work in conjunction with the Controller on ad hoc projects
What's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- 401k and pension plan participation upon meeting requisite time with the firm
- Challenging work
- Three weeks paid time off
- Career growth
- Bonus eligible