Assistant Buyer, Footwear & Accessories, Kate Spade
New York , NY 10007
Posted 2 weeks ago
since our launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, kate spade new york has always stood for optimistic femininity. today, our brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home dcor and more. polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of colorkate spade new york's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. under the vision of creative director nicola glass, we continue to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
kate spade new york is part of the tapestry house of brands.
the assistant buyer - footwear & fashion accessories is responsible for supporting the buying team with the building and execution of a unique product strategy to meet and/or exceed financial goals.
the successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- run weekly selling reports to recap and analyze business results, making recommendations for driving improved performance and identifying opportunities
- assist buyer in analyzing business reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- assist buyer during market with hindsight reporting, product selection and assortment
- manage purchase orders and maintenance: this includes PO entry, changes and cancellations
- liaise with third party vendors to ensure timely delivery of merchandise
- maintain weekly shipping reports and communicate risks to buyer
- ensure all markdowns and in-store promotions are entered and set up properly in the system
- update item level master markdown files based on business updates and needs
- accurately reconcile receipts with strong attention to detail and communicate any issues that arise
- manage samples with licensing and vendors
- support buyer with visual recaps, boards and line lists
- work with the visual team to ensure that all products are properly on sales floor for optimization
- partner with e-commerce merchandising and photo teams to ensure product accuracy
- gather and communicate store feedback post floor set
- shop the marketplace to identify product opportunities, pricing strategies, trends, and offerings
- compile ad hoc reporting as needed
the accomplished individual will possess...
- the ability to multitask and focus in a fast-paced environment
- a strong organizational and analytical skill set
- a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- a strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to follow up and follow through
- the ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
an outstanding professional will be...
- 1-2 years of experience in merchandising, buying and/or planning roles
- previous ecommerce experience is a plus
- high level of proficiency in retail math and excel
- bachelor's degree strongly preferred
kate spade new york is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. all employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. these decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 visit kate spade new york at www.katespade.com.
Req ID: 51275
Job Segment: Procurement, Fashion Buyer, Merchandising, Retail Sales, Fashion Retail, Operations, Fashion, Retail