Assistant Branch Manager
Great Barrington , MA 01230
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Division: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Officer
Location: 255 Stockbridge Road, Great Barrington, MA
Assists the Branch Officer in directing branch operations and sales while ensuring that the entire team is consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Educates customers on the wide variety of products and services offered in the branches. Initiates, processes and closes various loans. Cross sells appropriately based on customers needs. Refers business to other departments through our company's desktop referral system. Ensures proper documentation and compliance for all new accounts and account maintenance. 35%
- Assists Branch Officer in building/managing sales culture in order to achieve branch goals and Bank-wide initiatives. Monitors quality and efficiency of customer service delivery in the branch. Communicates Bank policies, programs and objectives. Maintains awareness of Federal and state banking regulations and branch security program. May review and approve legal documents related to accounts. Stays abreast of new products, services, and promotions and educates and supports the entire branch team. 35%
- Provides ongoing assistance in managing day-to-day branch operations; opens and closes the branch while ensuring adherence to security measures. Provides backup to the Branch Officer and/or teller line and handles difficult customers and/or situations. Approves customer transaction exceptions as needed. Ensures the branch maintains a professional appearance and supply inventory levels. Reviews various branch reports; may oversee monthly branch audit process. 20%
- Provides input for staff performance management. May recommend salary adjustments and transfers. Resolves routine personnel problems and provides support in counseling or disciplinary actions. Assists with interviewing potential candidates and in making hiring decisions. May manage time and attendance for staff. Conducts staff meetings; ensures adequate staff training and development to meet branch goals and objectives. May also be responsible for weekly scheduling of branch staff as well as the monthly Saturday schedule. 10%
Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one's duties
Must be eligible to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry for purposes of SAFE Act, if applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent
3-5 years' branch banking experience
Demonstrated ability in decision making, handling difficult situations, initiative and leadership
Skills & Knowledge:
Excellent customer service/sales skills
Decision making and problem solving skills
Written/verbal communication skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks
Strong interpersonal skills
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.