Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The assembler II carries out the work as scheduled following the production orders assigned each day. Job duties involve production of a multitude of parts (many of which are low volume production items and are scheduled infrequently). Assembles parts according to drawing or work instructions, checks accuracy of parts against print and verifies correct parts are available for production order.
The employee is expected to work out problems and troubleshoot components or rework components to specifications as prescribed. He/she will occasionally evaluate repairs, retests, and repacks customer returned products. Specifically, this position requires the use of judgment to plan and perform work, make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations, processes and quality within the limitations of recognized UL, ISO, and Tyco standards.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Ask questions if something isn't known
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Air shutoff locations.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read and interpret prints, work instructions and production orders.
Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude, understanding of decimals & fractions. Basic computer skills. Standing, repetitive motions will be required, such as bending.
Lifting of parts and assemblies/components up to 40 lbs. Work with various lubricants and adhesives. Requires hand and arm tugging/pulling with frequent lifting of light to average weights.
Must be able to assemble small parts by hand, requiring hand and finger dexterity. Must be able to retain a large volume of product knowledge and manufacturing variations. The following training is required for this job position.
Applicable Safety Training related to specific job tasks 100% minimum pass rate. ISO 9001 Quality Policy and all job specific procedures, work instructions, and use of applicable forms. 3day Safety Training. Lock out/Tag out training (if applicable). Hoist training.
1.Inspecting product and recording results per First Article Instructions and /or Work Instructions.
2.Must be able to use tools, fixtures and machinery required in area.
3.Maintain required records (i.e. daily time cards, production counts & orders, scrap tickets, serial number logs and discrepancy reports).
4.Inspects raw and WIP parts for defects and proper fit. Inspects inside of shells for defects, rust and debris.
5.Attends to proper storage of components in area (restocking parts, removing boxes, pallets etc.).
6.Communicate raw material needs/shortages.
7.Clean and organize area at end of shift to proper 5-S standards.
8.Must be able to lift at weights not to exceed as outlined in the Safe Lifting policy.
9.Record various types of information used in evaluating the process.
10. Performs necessary testing of PSI pressure such as air and water. Sets up, adjusts gauges and dials to operate testing equipment such as: mass spectrometer, high and low pressure, hydrostatic, gas, electrical, water bath, air, nitrogen, and voltage integrity in order to detect leaks and indicate rejects on all pressurized product.
11. Manually inserts head assembly and engages threads, stamps correct codes & weights, applies proper labels, places literature and hanger hooks into cartons, packages complete units.
12. Assists with equipment change-overs for various models.
13. Must be able to understand and set dials when operating the filling machines.
14. Assembles extinguishers according to established safety procedures to pressurize shells to proper psi prior to leak testing.
15. Operates semi-automatic wet and dry chemical filling machine to fill various products. When transferring chemical uses judgment to insure all valves are properly sealed.
16. Operates overhead hoist for handling large extinguishers.
17. Set-up machines and other equipment to appropriate parameters.
18. Tests gas valve to proper specifications.
19. Rework rejected units and return them to the system.
20. Discharges SY shells and record leaker types.
21. On occasion may replace "O" rings and tighten paint hooks.
22. Assures quality and type of components by checking tolerance.
23. Conducts water testing on cylinders and valves.
24. Works on RMA's.
25. Monitors equipment and controls (of various machines per Work instructions) the Mass Spectrometer and handles rejected shells.
26. Verifies the pull force of the safety seal per work instruction.
27. Wipes excess chemical from product; attaches visual seals, adds component parts as required by production order including extra labels.
28. Perform other job tasks / duties as determined by management when requested.
Johnson Controls, Inc.