Oversee research and development of highly integrated processing arrays. Perform system analysis of computer architectures and emerging semiconductor technologies for several government and military programs. Develop detailed design objective specifications based on program requirements. Research design and prototyping approaches using ASIC or FPGA technologies. Evaluate relevant technologies and architecture concepts, performance and cost considerations and integrate them into innovative, cohesive architecture definitions. Identify, analyzes and direct resolution of system design weaknesses. The candidate must be a team player, self-motivated with excellent communication skills, able to work in fast paced challenging environments, and able to work well with cross-functional teams across different sites. Some travel to performer locations will be required.
- Experience with fabrication or customer processor, timeline, cost, schedule, test & validation
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of silicon structures for gates, registers, memory, and complex electronic logic functions
- 8+ years of experience with semiconductor technologies, IC, ASIC and FPGA design
- 8+ years of experience with analysis and development software, including MATLAB and LabView
- Currently hold a TS clearance
- Understand RTL, C/C++ designs, validation infrastructure, and guide validation activities in the lab to confirm that architectural objectives are met on Silicon
- Experienced in structured problem solving using lean methods
- MS or PhD degree in EE or CS
- Experience in IC design, SoC/IP HW architecture design, CPU cores, caching, fabrics/interconnect coherent, non-coherent, DDR memory, IO controllers and high-speed PHYs
- Experience with high speed A/D, D/A converters, FPGA cores a plus
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Matching 401K Plan
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Flex Time
- Comp Time
Barone Consulting is a scientific, engineering and technical operations support firm providing high-end technical consulting to mission critical government challenges. Barone provides services across a wide range of technical fields to the military, DoD, R&D, and intelligence communities. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and are committed to turning the science fiction of today into the reality of tomorrow. Barone Consulting provides solutions across a range of technical areas by identifying, analyzing, and developing novel technologies and methodologies for current and new program development.
If interested in discussing this opportunity or others, send an updated copy of your resume to
Barone Consulting is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.