This is a professional position to meet the instructional goals of the school and school system by delivering instructional programs effectively to ensure student achievement.
Hold or be eligible for a Maryland educator certificate in the appropriate area. (Art PreK-12)
Demonstrate knowledge of current instructional and curricular methodologies.
Possess the ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents and staff.
1.Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2.Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3.Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4.Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
5.Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6.Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
7.Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8.Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
9.Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Maintains a professional deportment and appearance.
19. Emulates the highest professional ethics and practices.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
PAY AND HOURS:
Placement on the Queen Anne's County Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with certification, experience, and preparation. This is a Full-time, benefited 10-month position.
If you are interested in this position and not currently under contract in a teaching assignment, please fill out an Internal application at hr.qacps.org. Please upload a current resume and certificate(s) as part of your internal application.
Submit an External application at hr.qacps.org. Along with your application, please upload a letter of interest, resume and any additional supporting documents and certifications.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Queen Anne's County Public Schools