Art Director (Wall Art & Home Decor)
Culver City , CA 90230
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Art Director- Wall Art and Home Dcor supports the category and customer growth objectives by directing the creation and sourcing of all artwork. Reports to Sr. Product Manager, Home/Wall Dcor, dotted line for art direction to Creative Director and Vice President.
- Follow and identify trends- through research in stores, at trade shows, in published media, on trend reports, and on line.
- Stay up to date with selling information, using it to refine art and new designs into top sellers.
- Develop trend boards, used to provide creative direction to designers and trend info to sales.
- Collaborate successfully with Sales, Product Development and Design to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow art direction and critique from Creative Director/VP.
- Assess creative strengths and weaknesses of each member of design team, providing development plans and creative coaching to bring out the best in each performance.
- Manage timelines for presentations and production of art to factories to ensure highest possible selection rate and on time delivery of programs.
- Ensure communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Help manage customer conflict by monitoring exclusivity of designs and looks for specific customers.
- Supports implementation and execution of company policies and practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree and 10+ years of progressive design experience.
- Design Judgement.
- Technical expertise
Illustration Techniques, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Creative Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Relationship Builder.