Tewksbury , MA 01876
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ascent AeroSystems is one of the most exciting new players in the UAS industry, and our unique coaxial designs provide the foundation for the most portable and durable vehicles available anywhere. To meet tremendous demand from customers across the professional, commercial, industrial, public safety and military markets, we're actively looking for experienced engineers to join our northern Boston team.
You'll bring your expertise as a flexible, innovative engineer with a solid grasp of design and a knack for clean-sheet thinking. Flexibility, curiosity and a burning desire to wear many hats are core to your beingyoull need to be willing to take on any number of tasks that face a small, fast growing company. If youre someone who wants to work at the leading edge of aerospace technology where design cycles are short and decisions can be made quickly, this is your kind of environment. Experience with advanced robotics or UAV technology (especially autopilot and flight control logic) would be ideal.
- Work independently or as a team member to design, build, test and troubleshoot Ascents family of drones leveraging the ArduPilot code base. Create innovative, reliable, and efficient drone avionics solutions to enable new and challenging aircraft capabilities
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design, and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Write test plans and test cases, conduct unit integration and system-level testing
- Support flight-test operations
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (i.e. controls, firmware, mechanical, etc.)
- 3+ years of post-graduate work experience writing product level code on complex systems (C++ preferred)
- Familiar with software development in a Github repository
- Experience with UAV autopilot software, ArduPilot (preferable) or PX4
- Hands on experience with designing, implementing, and testing flight control systems
- Experience with integrating hardware components (such as sensors) into an embedded system and an understanding of typical embedded communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, etc)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Enjoys the challenge of solving complex systems problems in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration. Experience as a FAA Part 107 UAV operator is preferred
- Some travel may be required to support customers, flight testing, vendor management, marketing and sales initiatives
For the right candidate we offer a competitive salary, benefits (including health, dental and vision), 401(k), a vesting equity stake, a terrific work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting parts of the tech industry.