Architecture Design Specialist
Dick's Sporting Goods
Pittsburgh , PA 15201
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Functional responsibility for managing the Architectural/Engineering (AE) scope & services for the retail buildings including but not limited to prototype documents, project specific drawing reviews, change management/value engineering process, project schedule development and interface and communication with others to ensure the final product is consistent, timely and accurate to company standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts meetings with the architect, national account vendors and other departments like construction, development, store planning, etc. to review project specific documents to ensure they are current and accurate as per company design standards for the construction of store projects resulting in minimal error and omissions.
Prototype Document Management
- Conducts meetings with the architect, national account vendors and other departments like construction, development, store planning. etc. to ensure the prototype documents are accurate as per company design standards. Ensures the drawing archives are accurate and orderly and the architects of record submit the project closeout information in a timely manner.
Interface and Communication
- Develops a relationship and communicates regularly with the architects, national account vendors and other departments like construction, development, store planning, facilities, visual merchandising, IT, etc. to resolve project specific and prototype document issues/questions.
Change Management/Value Engineering
- Prepares Request for Changes (RC's) and Design Revision Bulletin's (DRB's) for management approval then implementation into the project specific and prototype documents in a timely manner as not to negatively impact the project cost and schedule. Supports the research and develops value engineering initiatives to reduce building cost.
- Develops milestone schedules for site specific projects and ongoing tracking of the process deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
Strong planning background with a national retail chain or architectural firm responsible for the AE process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Strong understanding of AE processes
Must be detail oriented
Requires a working knowledge of architecture/design, planning and construction
Ability to juggle multiple projects.