Architect & Design Market Manager, San Jose
Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
San Jose , CA 95127
Posted 3 days ago
Who youll be working with:
- An established team of sales professionals to collectively drive sales
- Reporting directly to the Regional Marketing Manager
San Jose, CA region
How youll contribute to the team:
- Our Architect & Design Sales Market Managers are responsible for achieving or exceeding budgeted sales, volume, mix, and profitability targets by writing specifications for Armstrong Flooring products with the architectural & design (A&D) community
- Sales efforts are supported by exclusive wholesale distribution partners and their sales counterparts in the market
- Develop strong connections within the A&D community to drive and close flooring specifications required for key projects in the healthcare, education, office and specialty-retail market segments
- Manage daily activities through the CRM, Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Own the sales process and pipeline management through SDDC along with effective job tracking with sales counterparts and distribution
- Develop and maintaining a preferred manufacturer status with key A&D Firms
- Partner with the local distributor to close projects, administer pricing to support key projects, site inspections/claims when necessary, and product knowledge and training
- Communicate and implement marketing programs, promotions, and initiatives to drive the business
- Execute new product launches with key A&D customers
- Active engagement in local industry associations and networking opportunities
- Engage with Armstrong Floorings marketing, product and channel teams representing voice of the customer, competitive products and/or trends in the Commercial market Prepare monthly reports of activity, results, action items, business transactions and keep detailed expense reports for travel and activities in the territory
What youll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of sales experience preferably in commercial flooring
- Valid US driver's license
Well be excited if you have:
- Construction, project management or interior design industry experience
- A strong track record of achievement; experience as a top performer with outstanding result
- BS or BA degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaker)
Youll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North Americas best and most trusted manufacturer of resilient flooring and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
Thats us. Thats Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, were proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many long-tenured employees with diverse career paths. We offer the following opportunities to promote a growth culture:
- On-the-job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Online learning
- Instructor lead courses
- Job shadowing
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans - effective Day 1 of employment
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Ability to purchase additional vacation
- Employee discount program
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company celebrations
- Department gatherings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.