Apprentice Software Engineer: Cleared Position!
Belay Technologies, Inc
Annapolis Junction , MD 20701
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Belay Tech is seeking an apprentice developer with some software experience and a technical bachelor degree. You will be working in an agile and DevOps style environment developing in one of the following: ReactJS, AngularJS or PHP. All candidates shall hold an active and full DoD security clearance.Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions...Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, weve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Apprentice-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- Zero to two (2) years in the development, engineering, interfacing, and integration of hardware/software systems to include an understanding of requirements, elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, concept of operation, interface standards, and systems architectures. However, 1-year experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages.
- Experience with, or aptitude to develop documentation required to support a programs technical issues and training situations.
Additionally, the following experience is desired:
- Work in an Agile and DevOps style environment.
- Experience developing in one of the following software languages: ReactJS, AngularJS, PHP.
Perks and BenefitsBelay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:- Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay's volunteer program)- 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one- $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans- Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay- Dental coverage including orthodontia- Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay- Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!What We DoBelay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB;APPSWE18-10 Full Scope Poly
- Designing, Developing, Testing (Unit/Integration)software code to provide new functionality and extend/modify existing codeusing object-oriented software methodologies.
- Experience using Data formats such as JSON, XML and HTML.
- General knowledge in one of the following: PHP, Ruby, Node, Python.
- Ability to write Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs (e.g. Bourne, C, Python, etc.) and work in a command line environment.
- Ability to manage code using Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration/build tools such as Jenkins, NPM, Vagrant and Ansible.