Apprentice Residential Service And Repair Plumbing Technician
Santa Maria , CA 93455
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Keywords: Plumber, Entry level plumber, apprentice, plumbing apprentice, residential service technician,Santa Maria CA,Orcutt CA,Apprentice Plumber jobs
Are you looking for a career that matches your ability to problem solve and work with your hands to build and fix things? Do you enjoy people? Do you like to hold yourself accountable for results and learn new things?
Are you looking for an employer that cares about your success and is doing the right things to be a trusted, best-in-class company that is highly respected in the Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties? Then you could be a candidate for Griffin Plumbing.Do you value professionalism and punctuality? If you are an individual who knows you have potential, wants to work with a team of like-minded co-workers and genuinely enjoys continuously striving to be an expert and providing quality service to others, you are a match for our team. Opportunities for Apprentice Plumbers (Service and Repair) serving primarily the residential market are now available in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. No previous plumbing experience required.Growth Means Opportunity
We're not looking short-term and you shouldn't be either. Griffin Plumbing is on a planned growth track. Over the next ten years, we will be growing market share significantly, adding Technicians and support staff and promoting from within. Our compensation and benefits plan is very competitive. We provide training and development both internally and through the best tech schools in the nation. Going forward, our supervisory roles will be filled from within the ranks. Advancement opportunities will be here as we grow. Development will be provided to ensure your success in your current role and future roles - on an ongoing basis. Not interested in managing people in the future? We'll still need your experience, abilities and work ethic. Your continued learning, knowledge and experience will be recognized and compensated as you develop.Requirements
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE and REPAIR PLUMBER KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES1. Communication and Collaboration
- HS diploma or GED and two years of community college or equivalent
- Solid work references from previous supervisors, managers and co-workers
- Strong demonstrated interest in residential service and repair plumbing as a career
- Mechanical aptitude, interest in becoming an expert
- Self-directed with strong self-management skills and personal accountability
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Enjoys working with people and providing excellent customer service
2. Technical Delivery of Service
- Effectively communicate one-on-one with the home owner and staff in a manner that promotes respect, trust and ensures understanding.
- Be a team player and collaborate with office staff and other Techs to ensure maximum productivity and profitability of self and the total resources.
- Ensure each service call is executed with technical perfection apply knowledge and skills to technically assess the client need, communicate technical issues effectively to the customer and complete the repair/service in a timely manner.
- Effectively apply a consultative sales approach to assess and communicate effectively with the customer to ensure they receive the very best service and advice.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of paperwork and data entry in a manner that promotes enterprise-wide productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a continuous improvement attitude that supports a desire to grow and expand personal and team success.
- Be open to receiving and following direction accept supervision, learn and consistently follow rules and procedures designed for success of the Tech and the company.
What you'll learn along the way
- Tankless water heater sales, installation, and repair.
- Water softening and filtration systems.
- Tank type water heaters.
- Fixture replacement and repair.
- Video inspection of drain lines.
- Sewer cleaning, repair, and replacement.
- Leak location and repair.
- Able to enter and exit trucks without endangering yourself or others.
- Able to lift heavy equipment, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Able to work in heat and observe proper safety precautions while doing so.