Application Support Analyst
Covenant Logistics Group
Chattanooga , TN
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing practices and procedures for software applications that are cost effective and meet business requirements. Analyze complex business requirements and business problems for product support. Support functional modifications/ updates/test cases for development and quality assurance teams from a functional perspective. Manage 3rd party vendors through a cadence of scorecard reviews and QBRs ensuring that quality and expectations are met.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to Supply Chain Leadership.
- Continuously collaborating withing the Supply Chain team, as well as across broader operational teams, to effectively service internal / external customers with the goal of delivering all freight on time with minimal delays or services failures.
- Monitoring and resolving transportation related EDI data discrepancies and errors to ensure accurate and timely information; communicating discrepancies to appropriate parties to ensure proactive and additional planning can occur where required / able
- Reviewing daily status reports; ensuring on time performance & facilitating communication between internal and external partners as needed
- Ensure timely communication of system disruptions to the appropriate internal parties; proactively providing solutions in order to mitigate delays and risk as needed. Identify the root cause and the changes that will prevent the incident from occurring again.
- Leveraging data and analytics to identify opportunities that improve and reduce overall costs while improving service; striving for good, better, best always
- Assisting the Supply Chain Leadership team in determining needs (both immediate and longer term) in order to best support internal/external customers and the needs of the business
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Monitor change requests and tickets for 3rd party vendors. Establish SLAs for collaborative review and accountability.
- Developing and implementing new operational processes/enhancements that facilitate greater efficiencies within the department and supply chain; specifically fostering enhancements to cost, speed and service for our internal/external customers.
- Subject-matter expert in transportation, risk identification, and implementation strategies preferred but not required.
- Proficient in requirements gathering, diagramming & documentation, software/technology evaluation and selection.
- Excellent communication skills, including meeting facilitation & team leadership.
- Strong persuasive skills with the ability to manage user expectations.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a combination of college and relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and operational planning skills; ability to identify trends within large data sets and make recommendations based on data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to explain logistical processes and problems to non-practitioners and arrive at workable solutions
- High degree of proficiency using MS Office Suite and Internet applications
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within and across teams
- Self-motivated and driven; ability to keep pace a fast and deadline-oriented industry/working environment
- Prior experience using TMS, ELD, eDVIR, routing software and SSMS a plus.
- 401(k) match, Serious Health Condition Pay
Full Health Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine, Short & Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
- Holidays, Birthday, Wellness Day, Vacation & Sick Time
- Casual Dress, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discount Program, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Adoption Assistance and Employee Assistance Program
Covenant Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VEVRAA Federal Contractor