Application Security Eng
Charlotte , NC 28202
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Application Security Engineer
Req ID 115493-Posting Start Date 2019-03-19
In addition to Irving, TX, we are open to candidates in the Charlotte, NC & Tempe, AZ markets to work in our offices in those locations.
Company Technology & Strategic Ventures team is embarking on a journey to integrate security inside the software development lifecycle. Application Security is tasked to develop a security framework within the Company SDLCs, establish a software security assurance process, and work with product delivery teams to build applications securely from start to finish.
The Application Security Engineer will be responsible for integrating security into the development of Company’s applications. The Application Security Engineer will work closely with the product and software development team to threat model, vulnerability scan, and pen test the early software, system, and network architecture and identify required control points in the application stack. The Application Security Engineer will also work closely with developers to diagnose, document, and remediate application security vulnerabilities. The Application Security Engineer will also be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing application security related software in an automated continuous integration/deployment environment.
- Work closely with application development and platform teams to help formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization, including threat modeling and applications security advisement services.
- Develop and maintain a balanced application security program based on a well-defined application security framework.
- Conduct application security assessments / penetration tests and implement tools for dynamic/automated code reviews.
- Ensure application design and implementation best-practice with role-based and appropriate access standards, as well as integration with Identity and Access Management environments.
- Ensure compliance with society, regulatory, and industry standards for application security.
- Continuously evaluate the organization’s existing application security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrating concrete improvements to the application assurance program within the organization.
- Provide secure application development training to developers and provide guidance on the development of web-based training for ongoing awareness.
- Conduct code reviews and penetration testing.
- Develop and maintain unit and integration tests designed to ensure security controls are tested on every build.
The ideal candidate would be 50% programmer and 50% hacker. Examples of qualifications that resemble this profile are as follows:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a software development field such as Software Developer, Architect, Software Quality Assurance, or Application Security Engineer
- Highly proficient in at least one of the following development languages: Java, .NET, Node.js, or Python
- Possess a strong understanding of application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven etc.
- Creative, organized, responsive, and highly thorough problem solver
- Possess strong business acumen with ability to work with application development, QA and security teams
- Possess a restlessness or desire to break into things
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10
- Strong self-starter who has the ability to operate independently
- Has solid understanding and experience with establishing software development policies across an organization
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with senior executive leadership; proficiency in preparation of presentations, analytical reports, and documents regarding program operational status, achievement and performance
- Understanding and Passion for Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban
- Understanding of Test Driven Development built on User Stories
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery
- Familiarity with Metasploit, Burp Suite, Fuzzing, Gaunlt, and Jenkins is preferred
- Familiarity with code reviews and penetration testing preferred
- College degree with advanced degree preferred
- OSCP, OSCE, or OSWE Certifications are a major plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.