Application Development Specialist - Residential Construction1
Midland , MI 48640
Posted 1 week ago
Application Development Specialist Residential Construction
Midland, MIMust be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The Water & Protection (W&P) Shelter business is seeking for a Application Development Specialist Our business combines market-leading brands (including Corian Design, Great Stuff, Styrofoam and Tyvek) into one customer-centric line of business. Performance Building Solutions (PBS), as business unit within W&P Shelter, is a leading global provider of value-added solutions in the areas of weatherization, air sealing, thermal comfort and fire protection systems for the building and construction market. PBS is an active leader in advancing building science, developing solutions to improve construction productivity and fostering the use of more sustainable and resilient building materials and practices. The Applications Development team plays a key role in developing and executing test plans to expand viable applications for existing products, to qualify new products, and to demonstrate products meet building code requirements. The team works closely with Strategic Marketing, Tactical Marketing, the Building Knowledge Center (BKC), and the Advocacy teams to address complex customer inquiries and to develop advantaged industry positions for PBS.
- The Application Development Specialist role offers an exciting, unique opportunity to help grow, improve, and maintain many of Shelters flagship brand products like Tyvek Wraps, STYROFOAM Extruded Polystyrene Foams, THERMAX Insulation and GREAT STUFF foams.
- The Application Development Specialist is knowledgeable about construction processes, construction details and the building code, particularly for commercial construction.
- Works closely with external fire consultants, test labs and building code officials to understand the fire testing and approvals required to ensure DuPont products meet building code requirements and has responsibility for maintaining their product and wall systems compliance to those requirements.
- Is a subject matter expert that guides project teams in developing new product concepts, coordinates constructing and fire testing full scale wall systems and works with Shelters sales team to identify business opportunities possible via additional wall system approvals.
- In addition, the Application Development Specialist represents DuPont at external forums such at ASTM committees, industry conferences and educational training sessions.
- Develop and coordinate large scale fire testing for PBS R&D programs in close collaboration with the internal R&D team, external fire consultants, external fire test laboratories and other manufacturers of building product materials. Ensure the results are properly documented by the project team in EDL and/or incorporated into their formal third-party approval documents.
- Monitor and actively participate on various fire test standard committees to ensure their understands the upcoming changes in testing requirements and that changes to the test requirements have a scientific basis.
- Update and maintain proper documentation related to product and wall system code compliance.
- Lead and/or participate on PBS innovation programs, particularly those to develop differentiated integrated wall systems and transitions solutions.
- Bachelors degree, in a technical field (minimum)
- Working knowledge of construction, preferably commercial construction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: ability to distill large amounts of complicated technical information into easy to understand bytes appropriate for target audience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to Detail
- Fluency in English language
- Ability to effectively work across job levels, functions, construction job trades and various personality types (internally and externally) is essential to achieving goal expectations for this role; demonstrated ability to develop an effective working internal and external network.
- Proficient at reading and understanding technical documentation (i.e., construction drawing, building codes, test methods, etc.) is a must.
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the scientific method, designing experiments, analyzing data and documenting
- Must have strong multi-tasking, time management and organization skills. This role requires participation on multiple project teams within PBS. Must be able to prioritize projects, as well as effectively respond and adapt to change.
- Customer Centric: Ability to build trusting, comfortable customer relationships with construction trades, architects, general contractors, understand their pain points and effectively communicate those back to those in DuPont with less construction knowledge
- Expect to spend 30 % of time external to the company engaging with fire consultants, trades/contractors, building code officials, standards committees, and other building material companies.
1. Knowledgeable about construction processes, construction details and the building code, particularly for commercial construction.
2. Experience in knowledgeable about construction processes, construction details and the building code, particularly for commercial construction.
3. Experience in large scale fire testing for PBS R&D programs.
4. Strong multi-tasking, time management and organization skills.
5. Proficient at reading and understanding technical documentation- NICE TO HAVE:
6. Project management skills- NICE TO HAVE:
7.Knowledge on scientific method, designing experiments, analyzing data and documenting- NICE TO HAVE:
8. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.